Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > Correct page numbering for audio CD of the Hard Way

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara Leigh (new)

Sara Leigh (saraleigh) | 14 comments I am currently listening to Lee Child's "The Hard Way" and discovered that the actual number of discs/hours is 10/12, not the 9 that is showing in the listing on Goodreads. Can this be changed? I'm looking at the physical CDs, and there are 10. The back of the case says it's approximately 12 hours. I don't know where the Goodreads information came from, but I'm pretty sure it's inaccurate based on this physical copy.

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 1764 comments Can you provide an ISBN for the edition you're listening to so it can be edited?

Also, from the manual "For audio books, the number of hours rounded up should be used in lieu of number of pages, when that information is known. "

So, in this case, the page count would be listed as 12 which can be adjusted once the ISBN is provided.

message 3: by Sara Leigh (new)

Sara Leigh (saraleigh) | 14 comments I did provide the ISBN when I created the message. I guess it doesn't get included in the actual message.

978-59600-326-6.

I gave both the hours and the numbers because sometimes the listing gives one, and sometimes, the other. It appears to be random, though I've been told more than once that it's supposed to be the hours. I've also remarked that discs is a more reasonable way for someone to track progress on an audio CD, since you get no readout or marker for hours, just tracks, which vary in length but can be averaged. Still, CDs makes more sense than hours. I've also been told that this won't be changed. It would be nice if the listings were consistent and accurate though.

Thank you for correcting this error.

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 1764 comments Fixed. Also added the narrator and edition info.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 5: by Sara Leigh (new)

Sara Leigh (saraleigh) | 14 comments Thank you very much!