Book Haven discussion

Nameless Indignities: Unraveling the Mystery of One of Illinois's Most Infamous Crimes
This topic is about Nameless Indignities
Authors > Historical true crime wins double recognition (ForeWord Review/IndieFab Gold & IPPY Bronze)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (last edited May 09, 2014 09:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan Elmore | 2 comments The 2014 IPPYs (Independent Publishers Book Awards)have been announced and "Nameless Indignities" wins a bronze medal in the True Crime category. HOWEVER, this book is not just for true crime fanatics. It's appeal is wide, offering something for history buffs, mystery lovers (fiction or non-), genealogists, those with an interest in legal & courtroom drama & law, plus those who appreciate a good medical/psychological mystery on top of it all. Not only were Victorian doctors confused by the victim's strange and disturbing symptoms but so was society in general. (As the victim of a brutal 1882 gang-rape, she suffered severe physical injuries, compounded by the unsettling symptoms of hysteria/PTSD. It was even rumored that she was a malingerer who had invented her accusations.) The crime ultimately ruined her life and divided her community as well. I discovered some new clues to this previously unresolved case while researching, and these suggested a new solution to the crime, which I present at the end of the story. Hope you will check it out!

message 2: by Susan (last edited Oct 09, 2014 11:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan Elmore | 2 comments AND I've just learned from my publisher that it is also a ForeWord Review's WINNER with a IndieFab gold medal in true crime category.