Semi-Charmed Book Challenge discussion

Summer 2016 Topics > Read one book with a good word in the title, and one with a bad word

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joslin (last edited Jun 02, 2016 05:33PM) (new)

Joslin (moodiestreader) | 12 comments Mod
Share the two titles you read for this topic and your ratings and/or thoughts.

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan Tristao (megancstroup) | 1 comments Mod
I just finished "In a Dark, Dark Wood" for my "bad" word (dark). I had heard A LOT about this book, and the last 20 pages were pretty great, but I thought the rest was a pretty typical mystery. Good, yes, but didn't blow me away. I need to be better about reading books before they get too built up in my mind! :)

message 3: by Bev (new)

Bev (confuzzledom) | 9 comments I read Amity & Sorrow by Peggy Riley for my "bad" word book (sorrow = bad. Technically amity = good but I have another book in mind for good). I thought this could have been a good book, but ultimately it was just confusing and didn't go into enough detail.

message 4: by Kelly (last edited Aug 18, 2016 05:38AM) (new)

Kelly I read Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson for my "good" word (Happy). I was really looking forward to reading this book because her first book was hilarious. This one was just as good. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

I read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for my "bad" word (Cursed). This was pretty good. I enjoyed going back to the Harry Potter world. The only thing that I hated was the fact that it was written in play form. It got a little annoying. The story was good though. 4 stars!

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin Gray (texerin) | 13 comments GOOD word: "woman": The Kept Woman by one of my favorite thriller writers, Karin Slaughter. If you are a thriller reader, I highly recommend.

BAD word: "hate": Hate List by Jennifer Brown - the telling of the aftermath of a high school shooting told through the eyes of a survivor, the girlfriend of the shooter.