Semi-Charmed Book Challenge discussion

Summer 2016 Topics > Don’t judge a book by its cover

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joslin (last edited Jun 02, 2016 05:32PM) (new)

Joslin (moodiestreader) | 12 comments Mod
Share the title you read for this topic and your ratings and/or thoughts.

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly For this category, I read Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, (The original cover, NOT the movie cover). I give this 5 stars, it was an excellent book. Just be sure to have a few tissues on hand. I will definitely be reading the sequel after I am done the books for this challenge.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin Gray (texerin) | 13 comments Kelly wrote: "For this category, I read Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, (The original cover, NOT the movie cover). I give this 5 stars, it was an excellent book. Just be sure to have a few tissues on hand. I will d..."

I am looking forward to seeing the movie adaptation.

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin Gray (texerin) | 13 comments I read Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs - it was disturbing to a point that I couldn't stomach (and I read dark, disturbing books), but I can't really tell you why without giving spoilers.

message 5: by Bev (new)

Bev (confuzzledom) | 9 comments I read The Magus by John Fowles. I started off bored to tears by it then gradually got more into it as the book wore on, but overall I was left feeling like I'm not "intellectual" enough to understand this book... and I'm not a fan of books that seem to look down on me!