Beta Reader Group discussion

Covers, Blurbs, 1st Line, Query > Blurb/Book idea, Input greatly appreciated

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ella (new)

Ella | 5 comments Hi! I have had this idea for years but I have no writing experience at all.

Even today many people try to avoid GMOs; Well in their food maybe.
Sadly for Laik he had bigger issues with genetically modified organisms than herbicide resistant corn and they came in packages of warped DNA.
Ever since the Lost Zone had been cut off from the rest of the world these warped beings started popping up, created from humans but made from pure insanity with monstrous intention and ability. Companies arose to replace the fallen government but even they couldn't handle the warped who keep showing seemingly any where with no real pattern. Heads turn when two rival corporations from the nearest city, active in the fight to limit the warped population come to Laik's small and isolated town, saying they want to start new programs and redouble their efforts.
They take Laik.
In the city warpers fight for equality and justice afraid to lose their lives to poison, bullets and high powered tazors.
In his mind Laik fights, afraid to lose his sanity in a lab surrounded by needles, sedatives and others who claim to be like him. In the back of his head Laik finds himself constantly dismissing the hard truth, he was born to slowly die warped.

Does this sound interesting to read at all? Any suggestions? I have the rough draft for the first few chapters but I was lacking outside opinion on what would be fun to read, again I'm in high school so not really a pro on this stuff.
Also I really hope this is in the right folder, I'm not looking for betas just general thoughts.

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim | 7 comments Sounds fun! If you want to write it, you should write it. If the world continues to grow in your head, there's nothing to do but write it out!

Best,
Kim

message 3: by Ella (new)

Ella | 5 comments Thank you for the advice!

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Lewis (mll1013) | 30 comments Ella, you should definitely try to get your story written down. A similar thing happened to me with a dream I had one night. For about two weeks, I couldn't get the dream out of my head, and it continued to grow and develop into something large. At the point where it was consuming nearly every waking thought, I figured I could be reprieved of it if I just got it written down.

As I wrote that story, it developed into a novel, and then into a six-book series (well, in my head at least... I'm working on the edits for book two.)

Bottom line: You should write your story and discover where it takes you. You may just be pleasantly surprised at the results.

message 5: by Ella (new)

Ella | 5 comments Thank you I will!