Challenge Corner discussion

Let's Buddy! - Contemporary > The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson->Starting June 18th

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Andie had it all planned out.

When you are a politician’s daughter who’s pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future.

Important internship? Check.

Amazing friends? Check.

Guys? Check (as long as we’re talking no more than three weeks).

But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life.

Because here’s the thing—if everything’s planned out, you can never find the unexpected.

And where’s the fun in that?

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Thanks. I'm seeing if I can get it.:)

message 3: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Awesome! I'm about to order it.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks to an end-of-year gift... I just bought the book, so I will be joining in if that is okay. :)

message 5: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Of course that's ok, Lisa!

message 6: by Kylara (new)

Kylara Jensen | 437 comments I started it this afternoon

message 7: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I started last night. I'm three chapters in. I'm really liking it. The beginning is a bit slow, but it gives a good introduction to the characters.

message 8: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Just finished chapter 5. Looking forward to seeing what happens with her and her dad.

message 9: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I'm in the middle of chapter six right now and this is so cute. (view spoiler)

message 10: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Through chapter seven. It's not the most amazing thing I've ever read, but still. There's so much adorable awkwardness in this. And I have so much in common with both Andie and Clark it's crazy. Although I think I have more of their bad characteristics than the good ones. And (view spoiler)

message 11: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Through chapter 11...I think (at page 319 in the hardback). I'm really enjoying this, though I think it could be better. (view spoiler)

message 12: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Chapter 5: it's a pretty good book, but it's a little too slow for my taste. (view spoiler)

message 13: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Just finished. Overall I really enjoyed it. I didn't like it as much as Since You've Been Gone (which I love) but I did like it. Probably more than Amy and Roger's Epic Detour. I liked the ending and (view spoiler)

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Chapter 6: Long chapter, but I really liked getting to know more about the characters. (view spoiler)

message 15: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Chapter 7: (view spoiler)

message 16: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Courtney wrote: "Through chapter 11...I think (at page 319 in the hardback). I'm really enjoying this, though I think it could be better. [spoilers removed]"

Agreed. (view spoiler)

message 17: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Courtney wrote: "Just finished. Overall I really enjoyed it. I didn't like it as much as Since You've Been Gone (which I love) but I did like it. Probably more than Amy and Roger's Epic Detour. I liked the ending a..."

(view spoiler) Is the review up on your blog yet?

message 18: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Hmm...I think so. Maybe it's not until Sunday. I'll have to check.