Readers Against Prejudice and Racism discussion

Monthly Book Discussions > June Monthly Book Read 2016: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronyell, Your Humble Creator! (last edited Nov 18, 2016 02:53PM) (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 688 comments Mod
Hello everyone! This month's winner for the June monthly read is The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie by Sherman Alexie. Please feel free to talk about what you loved or hated about this book!

message 2: by Manybooks (new)

Manybooks | 147 comments I was maybe wondering if we could make this a two months read. June is horribly busy for me, and while I really want to read this book, I am not sure that I will be able to get to it by the end of the month.

message 3: by Ronyell, Your Humble Creator! (new)

Manybooks wrote: "I was maybe wondering if we could make this a two months read. June is horribly busy for me, and while I really want to read this book, I am not sure that I will be able to get to it by the end of ..."

Oh yeah we could do that! Actually, you are always welcome to go back to discuss this in July if you wish. There's no time limit in discussing these monthly reads since there's so much to read in this group and we are just suggesting different books every month just to have a book for everybody to read!

message 4: by Manybooks (new)

Manybooks | 147 comments Ronyell wrote: "Manybooks wrote: "I was maybe wondering if we could make this a two months read. June is horribly busy for me, and while I really want to read this book, I am not sure that I will be able to get to..."

I actually know that,mbut I wonder if having monthly reads of longer books might be intimidating for some.

message 5: by Manybooks (last edited Jun 02, 2016 06:35AM) (new)

Manybooks | 147 comments Ronyell wrote: "Manybooks wrote: "I was maybe wondering if we could make this a two months read. June is horribly busy for me, and while I really want to read this book, I am not sure that I will be able to get to..."

I actually know that, but wonder if having monthly reads of longer books might be intimidating for some.

message 6: by Ronyell, Your Humble Creator! (new)

Manybooks wrote: "Ronyell wrote: "Manybooks wrote: "I was maybe wondering if we could make this a two months read. June is horribly busy for me, and while I really want to read this book, I am not sure that I will b..."

Oh yeah! I've actually been thinking about doing two month reads for books that are very long and if trying to read a long book in one month is too intimidating for some, then we could set it up as two months.

message 7: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Yuen (nancywyuen) | 1 comments Just finished it and loved it. It was sad, uplifting and thought-provoking--all at once.