Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)
This topic is about A Darker Shade of Magic
Book of the Month Archives > June 2016-A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Megan (ReadingRover) | 1232 comments Mod
The book that was chosen for Non Young Adult Book of the Month for the month of June is A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab. This book won the poll by over 70%. I've already read it so I'll wait to see what the rest of you think of it.
A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I just read it recently & really loved the book! The whole premise was very interesting & I loved how Kell traveled between the different Londons. It was hard to put down & kept me engaged the entire read.

Roxanne | 727 comments Mod
I read this last year when it came out and I recently read book 2 and I adore this series!!!

Minx (minxreadsalot) Roxanne wrote: "I read this last year when it came out and I recently read book 2 and I adore this series!!!"

Thats awesome to hear! I haven't read it yet but I will be this month! yay!

Minx (minxreadsalot) Hmmm, read it last night and it was well written but it didn't excite me or blow me away.

Megan (ReadingRover) | 1232 comments Mod
I didn't love it either. I thought it was kind of bland. I know a ton of people have said they thought it was fantastic but it just wasn't for me.

Minx (minxreadsalot) That's pretty much how I felt. I liked it but there was no wow factor. I have the next book in the series and will maybe read it next month. Maybe it picks up? Lol