Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

Topics Other Than Bks-Pics-TV. > A question about the "Timeline" at Facebook

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments I have a question about Facebook. Exactly what is the Timeline? Usually when I post a happy birthday to my relative, I see my post right after I post it. Today, I posted where it said to post to her Timeline. So I did. After I posted, I didn't see my post. It only said that I had posted to the Timeline.

Why do they have to make things so complicated?

I went back a saw my post in her "Timeline" but I don't understand how it differs from other posts to the same person.

message 2: by Nina (new)

Nina | 6067 comments I don't understand it either but it seems to work that way.

message 3: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Nina, I'm amazed at how people are talking to each other all day long at Facebook. It's as if they're all in the same room looking for each other. I can't stay there long. I get nervous seeing all the activity. I can't keep up with it.

message 4: by Nina (new)

Nina | 6067 comments I might do Facebook off and on for a few minutes each day and that's it for me. I can't imagine being on it all day. Would take the pleasure out of it and nothing surprising to view.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 6324 comments FB is a good place to keep up with the kids & far flung family, but it's easy to get sucked into.

message 6: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Jun 02, 2016 07:34PM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Nina wrote: "I might do Facebook off and on for a few minutes each day and that's it for me. I can't imagine being on it all day. Would take the pleasure out of it and nothing surprising to view."

Jim wrote: "FB is a good place to keep up with the kids & far flung family, but it's easy to get sucked into."

Nina and Jim, I agree with both of you. However, today I saw pics of my new granddaughter who was born in January. She changes so quickly as she grows. So now I'm going to be watching for new pictures of her everyday! I'm trying to figure out who she's going to resemble. I'm suspecting she's a throwback to my husband's Swedish grandmother. Could that be? She has the eyes! My husband's aunts all had those eyes. They were 8 Swedish sisters (Swedish on their mother's side). Here is their picture. Notice those eyes:
Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com - Click on the thumbnail to see the picture.

message 7: by Nina (new)

Nina | 6067 comments Interesting to have that picture and I love seeing the pics of my new great granddaughter. and when she moves back to Vietnam with her parents in August what would I do without Facebook to keep up with her growth?

message 8: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Nina wrote: "Interesting to have that picture and I love seeing the pics of my new great granddaughter. and when she moves back to Vietnam with her parents in August what would I do without Facebook to keep up ..."

Nina, I can see what you mean. Facebook is an easy way to keep in touch with family. The photos alone tell so much!