The Book Was Better discussion

BOOKS ON SCREEN > Sherlock (BBC)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have not read the books yet, but I love this show!! And why not have another place where I can fangirl about it?

message 2: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Dana Burkey (danaburkey) | 1688 comments Mod
Haha! Nice! I for one do not care much for mystery...and although the show is likely different, I did not really like the first movie.... I know, it's just one version of the world of Sherlock, but even going into it I was not very interested in it... So I don't know.....

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited May 07, 2014 09:59AM) (new)

Even though I am a mystery fan, I actually like the episodes better that focus more on the relationships between the characters, aka The Sign of Three. BEST EPISODE EVER!!!

I have not seen the movie yet! I will remedy that this summer.

The show is about what it would be like to have Sherlock in modern day London, so I am sure the books are movie are different.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I love Sherlock. I just finished watching season 2, and I am about to watch season 3. Although the episodes are long, I am entertained throughout the entire episode. My favorite character besides Sherlock is Mrs. Hudson. I can't believe it is going to be almost 2 years for season 4. I really enjoy watching how Sherlock figures out the cases.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

ikr? The wait between seasons is just awful!! Have you seen the mini-sode that came out on YT before season three was aired?

Mrs. Hudson is awesome! I love how complex all the characters are!! My favorite character is Mary, but she does not come in until season 3. I also really like Molly and *coughcough* Donovan.

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments I love BBCs Sherlock. Benedict Cumberbatch does such a good job along with Martin Freeman. Still to buy season 3 :( I didn't know it would be 2 yrs till next one tho, that's not right! But its so good I'll be happy when it does come out haha will also have to try finding the mini-sode (Thanks Rebecca for leeting me know there was one in first place).

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

It's called "Many Happy Returns" If you put that into Youtube search, it should come up.

I absolutely loved season 3!! You should definitely try to find it to watch! And of course, Mary is in season 3. <3 Mary!!

message 8: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 8 comments I love this show. That's the bottom line. It is so mazing. SHERRRRLOCK

message 9: by Louisa (new)

Louisa Knight | 156 comments Sherlock has to be one of my fave tv shows ever! It's such a shame that there isn't many episodes!

message 10: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubiechan) SHERLOCK IS THE BEST EVER OHMYGOD *fangirl screech* I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE AREN'T MORE EPISODES UNTIL 2016. I AM DYING FOR SOME NOWWWW

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel If you have twitter, follow @CountdownLock

Everyday there is an update of how many days, hours, minutes, and seconds until the new season. It's really entertaining, but my be irritating to a fangirl because it is so far away!

message 12: by Louisa (new)

Louisa Knight | 156 comments I am definitely going to follow them! I probably will get annoyed though hahaha

message 13: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

I just got an e-mail from Netflix yesterday that series 3 is up online now! I still have not watched it....but summer is when I binge watch TV shows(did LOST last summer), so maybe I will give it a go between books!

message 14: by Louisa (new)

Louisa Knight | 156 comments You'll definitely love it!

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Sherlock is fantastic because it is only 3 episodes a season, and they are a hour and a half long. I would classify it more as a mini-series. I loved how each season ends...still need to grab season 3 from the library or Family Video.

message 16: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Interesting! Next weekend I am stuck working from home I will for sure check them out! :)

message 17: by FantasyFan J (new)

FantasyFan J (ff101spch) | 11 comments THIS SHOW IS JUST AWESOME!!!! I recently started watching because my sis was "OMG WE HAVE TO WATCH THIS!!!!!!" and now I love it. I started reading the books.

message 18: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments I agree with you Rachel it really should be classified as a miniseries instead of seasons. I admit I started watching the Elementary series because I just needed more Sherlock haha

message 19: by Louisa (new)

Louisa Knight | 156 comments Haha, I think I love Sherlock as the episodes are like mini movies and gives you what a movie would!

message 20: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments Benedict Cumberbatch has become a favorite actor of mine just from this series. The way he can pull off the dialogue in 'The hounds of Baskerville' blew me away haha

message 21: by Louisa (new)

Louisa Knight | 156 comments Haha yes totally agree with you there!

message 22: by Booksarethebest (new)

Booksarethebest I have to say that the season final blow me away . I ship Sherlock and Molly ♡,

message 23: by Louisa (new)

Louisa Knight | 156 comments Oh I really do have to agree with you there!!

message 24: by Cath (new)

Cath | 7 comments I adore this show so much

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

The third season was AMAZING!! I love Mary soooo much!!

message 26: by Ariana (last edited Jul 08, 2014 02:01AM) (new)

Ariana | 28 comments I LOVE Sherlock! It's my favorite show of all time and space! I guess one reason I love this show is because my favorite genres are crime and mystery. Series three was absolutely fantastic. I especially loved Sherlock's speech in The Sign of Three. Does anyone else ship Johnlock? I need to know that I'm not alone.

message 27: by Sheri (new)

Sheri | 1 comments My daughter turned me onto this show. It ranks up there in our house with Dr. Who. Maybe it is a good thing the seasons have so few episodes. If there were more, nothing would get done at my house. Season three is awesome.

message 28: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 10 comments I hope you all know that there will be a christmas special 2015 and then in the beginning of 2016 there will be a whole new season... They will start filming in January 2015!!! I'm really excited to see what's the thing about Moriarty!!!! Did you miss me?

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments I LOVE SHERLOCK! Even the Conan Doyle books are great. I read them when I was younger.

But Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are AWESOME. Great acting, storylines, humor, casting, MUSIC. Man, I just love everything about it.

Also, it's one of the rare times when I met the actors before getting into the show. :)

message 30: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 37 comments SHERLOCKMYCROFTSHERLOCKSHERLOCKMORIARTYSHERLOCKJOHNSHERLOCKSHERLOCKOHMYGOSHSHERLOCKJOHNSHERLOCKMARYSHERLOCKSHERLOCKMSHUDSONSHERLOCKSHERLOCKJOHNSHERLOCKSHERLOCKLESTRAUDESHERLOCKSHERLOCKJOHNSHERLOCK!

Needless to say, I am a fan.

message 31: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubiechan) JOHNLOCK JOHNLOCK JOHNLOCK JOHNLOCK JOHNLOCK JOHNLOCK !!!

message 32: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 37 comments Yeah, I don't know if I really go for Johnlock. I completely get why it's a thing and all, but I really like John and Mary. I just feel like John and Sherlock are always going to be as close as John and Mary, but in a different way. John and Mary = romantic couple. John and Sherlock = brothers, incredibly strong friendship but not lovers. Just my take on things.

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments It's definitely one of my current favorites!

http://readinggoodbooks.wordpress.com...

message 34: by Ariana (new)

Ariana | 28 comments Ruby wrote: "JOHNLOCK JOHNLOCK JOHNLOCK JOHNLOCK JOHNLOCK JOHNLOCK !!!"

I ship it! :)

message 35: by FantasyFan J (new)

FantasyFan J (ff101spch) | 11 comments I really, really love this show! It's just so amazing. I bought the complete books from Barnes & Nobles (best place ever).

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Kelly wrote: "Yeah, I don't know if I really go for Johnlock. I completely get why it's a thing and all, but I really like John and Mary. I just feel like John and Sherlock are always going to be as close as Joh..."

totally agree!!

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments FantasyFan J wrote: "I really, really love this show! It's just so amazing. I bought the complete books from Barnes & Nobles (best place ever)."

I recently got a new copy of the whole Sherlock Holmes collection. I read them years ago and LOVED them so much.

message 38: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

I had a friend tell me I NEED to watch these, so once I finish catching up on Under The Dome (finally) then I might just have to check these out! :)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Dana wrote: "I had a friend tell me I NEED to watch these, so once I finish catching up on Under The Dome (finally) then I might just have to check these out! :)"

Yes! You should soooo watch these!!

message 40: by Ariana (new)

Ariana | 28 comments Dana wrote: "I had a friend tell me I NEED to watch these, so once I finish catching up on Under The Dome (finally) then I might just have to check these out! :)"

Yeah! Please watch these!!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

They are simply brilliant!!

message 42: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. O' Leary (MrsOLearysayswoaf) | 37 comments They are wonderful! And the authors have done a great job of adapting the series and modernizing it without changing the plot lines.

message 43: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 37 comments They are... incredible. And Benedict Cumberbatch is in them!

message 44: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. O' Leary (MrsOLearysayswoaf) | 37 comments Benedict Cumberbatch :D my husband

message 45: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Marie | 31 comments I stumbled across this link of Johnlock. The quality sucks, but it's super funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M2Vc...

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments Emmy Award winners, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.

message 47: by Booksarethebest (new)

Booksarethebest yes, they are the best

message 48: by Liah (new)

Liah (LiahPenn) | 1 comments I read all of Sherlock Holmes and despite knowing the plots I still LOVED the modernized version. I couldn't even remember how the story ended. . .

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments I'm glad that they're keeping faithful as they could with the originals despite being modernized. You can tell how big Sherlock nerds the writers are because of the Easter eggs strewn in the episodes.

Cee (The Mistress Case) (themistresscase) One of the best TV shows ever!

« previous 1