Ask Andrew Buckley Anything! Anything at all! discussion

Stiltskin
This topic is about Stiltskin
Q&A is now open!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Buckley (abuckley23) | 16 comments Mod
Today's Q&A is now open! Please feel free to ask a question in this thread or start your own discussion topic! Happy Wednesday!

Athena Shardbearer | 6 comments Oh shit! That's today!?

Athena Shardbearer | 6 comments Ok, I have to say that I completely love Stilskin. Thank you, again for my free copy. Now, where did this grand idea of Stilskin come from?

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* and when do we get more Stiltskin? Inquiring minds.

Wart Hill | 2 comments 1. How tall is (^) this tall? I need to make sure I'm allowed to ask a question! :P

2. Are you ever going to write the "true" fairy tales as they happened in Thiside? Because that would be so epic.

Athena Shardbearer | 6 comments You're not tall enough Wart! lol.

THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!

message 7: by Andrew (new)

Andrew wrote: "Today's Q&A is now open! Please feel free to ask a question in this thread or start your own discussion topic! Happy Wednesday!"

Yes, that's today :)

message 8: by Andrew (new)

Athena (Shardbearer) wrote: "Ok, I have to say that I completely love Stilskin. Thank you, again for my free copy. Now, where did this grand idea of Stilskin come from?"

You're more than welcome! Stiltskin came from my love of the original fairy tales. I grew up on the disney-fied stuff like everyone else but later I discovered the original fairy tales and they were scary and horrible and brutal. And I loved em. No one tells a creepy moral story like europe in the 1800s :) Stiltskin was born out of a want to tell, not necessarily the original tales, but a different take that still tapped into that creepy-snow-white-was-beheaded sorta vibe. I also love a good flawed hero and I'd had Robert Darkly clattering around in my head for a while :) He needed to get out...

message 9: by Andrew (new)

Shelby wrote: "and when do we get more Stiltskin? Inquiring minds."

I have some crazy big news today. I've been in discussions with a prominent New York literary agency over the past couple of weeks and I'm happy to say that I'm now repped by Mark Gottlieb at the Trident Media Group :) What does this mean? It means I'll need to write faster. It also means that a sequel to both Stiltskin and Death, the Devil, and the Goldfish have both now been started :)

Athena Shardbearer | 6 comments Ok, I love Darkly. He's so fantastic and real. And I love his girly screams! lol. But I understand what your talking about. Like Little Mermaid, she doesn't get the prince. I like that you went that way. I don't need a HEA always, I just need a great story with great substance and Stiltskin has that.

Athena Shardbearer | 6 comments Andrew wrote: "Shelby wrote: "and when do we get more Stiltskin? Inquiring minds."

I have some crazy big news today. I've been in discussions with a prominent New York literary agency over the past couple of we..."

WOOHOO!

message 12: by Andrew (new)

Wart wrote: "1. How tall is (^) this tall? I need to make sure I'm allowed to ask a question! :P

2. Are you ever going to write the "true" fairy tales as they happened in Thiside? Because that would be so epic."

1) This (^) is a little taller than this: (v)

2) I do have a number of fairy tales that tie into the world of Thiside but they're new original fairy tales. You can find the audio version of them here: http://www.planetkibi.com/fairy-tales...

I've never thought about writing the true ones but since you mentioned 'The Seven Dwarves and the Thieving Bitch' it definitely got me thinking.

message 13: by Andrew (new)

Athena (Shardbearer) wrote: "You're not tall enough Wart! lol.

THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!"

Leave him alone, he's practically tall enough :) Plus he can crochet a gnome. That gets him a free pass.

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Andrew wrote: "Shelby wrote: "and when do we get more Stiltskin? Inquiring minds."

I have some crazy big news today. I've been in discussions with a prominent New York literary agency over the past couple of we..."

Whoohoo! Congrats!

message 16: by Andrew (new)

Shelby wrote: "I want a gnome."

Talk to Wart :)

message 17: by Andrew (new)

Shelby wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Shelby wrote: "and when do we get more Stiltskin? Inquiring minds."

I have some crazy big news today. I've been in discussions with a prominent New York literary agency over the pa..."

message 18: by Wart (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wart Hill | 2 comments Shelby wrote: "I want a gnome."

just give me colors for the hat and body!

speaking of which, Andrew, yours is done :)

message 19: by Andrew (new)

Wart wrote: "Shelby wrote: "I want a gnome."

speaking of which, Andrew, yours is done :)"

Ahrgh!! I want it!

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Andrew wrote: "Wart wrote: "Shelby wrote: "I want a gnome."

speaking of which, Andrew, yours is done :)"

Ahrgh!! I want it!"

*pushes Andrew out of way*

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Ok..so the cab driver dude who has a thing for hotel soaps..I do believe we need more of him too. Any plans?
You gotta quit making characters we like so much. Then we don't stalk you as much. Well mostly.

Athena Shardbearer | 6 comments Ahh..I want a gnome! I even have a garden where I can put him.

message 23: by Andrew (new)

Shelby wrote: "Ok..so the cab driver dude who has a thing for hotel soaps..I do believe we need more of him too. Any plans?
You gotta quit making characters we like so much. Then we don't stalk you as much. Well..."

Rupert the Cab Driver? He does deserve his own short story at the very least. I'm hoping to work him into all my books but he's proving tricky in the current YA one. Mainly because it's set in the US and not the UK. There will be more of him, I promise.

message 24: by Andrew (new)

*pushes Andrew out of way*"

Stop that! Or I'll add it to the rules! :)

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Andrew wrote: "*pushes Andrew out of way*"

Stop that! Or I'll add it to the rules! :)"

*looks innocent*

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* I forgotted a question!!!

What's the next book you have coming out?

Wisetraveler | 1 comments What is your next book and when do you think it'll be available?

message 28: by Andrew (new)

My next book will be HAIR IN ALL THE WRONG PLACE: MY LIFE AS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF and I was hoping to have it published this year but with the agency signing it may be next year...