First Sight First Sight discussion

this one is not a favorite!!!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rose Love Not sure if I agree, I liked it. I thought it was a very sweet book. I like the interaction between the Dr and her.

This doesn't mean your option is wrong. Just different from mine.

message 2: by DeAnna (last edited Nov 13, 2017 01:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

DeAnna Lloyd I really enjoyed this book. I like the way Danielle Steel builds her characters from the past to the present. It really helps you understand the reasons why they do what they do. Here, Timmy had a horrific and traumatic childhood, however still became a successful adult. It shows that people can overcome their horrible childhoods and still find success in life. Later, losing husband and son was very difficult. Throughout life she deals with feelings of abandonment, loss and pain, and we as readers feel it with her. It helps to understand why the thought of loosing Jean-Charles was soo difficult.

I agree with the concept that it is sometimes difficult for older women to find a comparable man their age, as they often want to be with younger women. I agree that it is not a good idea to mess with married men. Its nice to think that "love at first sight" can even happen at an older age, which gives me hope.

But, most of all, I found it an interesting story line that dealt with the loss of parents, foster care, orphanages, and dealing with abandonment. I have a good friend at work who was in foster care, and she really could relate to this topic and she really enjoyed the book also. The story really picks up around chapter 16. After that, I just couldn't put it down, and it had me reeling to the end.