The Diverse Shelf discussion

Rules > Group Rules - Please Read Before Posting

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Byron, The Queer One (last edited May 06, 2014 10:19PM) (new)

Byron Gann (thedahlingdarling) | 60 comments Mod
Greetings and salutations! Welcome to The Diverse Shelf.

The Basics:

I only have one fundamental rule and that is please be respectful of all your fellow members.

That's it. A simple rule but one that can sometimes be hard to remember when it comes to our own opinions and experiences in life. This is a safe space for all walks of life.

That being said, this is also a group that focuses on groups that are under represented in the media and sometimes marginalized by society and if a member of that group tells you that you are being problematic whether it be racist, homophobic, ableist, classist or just all around bigoted - please listen to them and consider their point of view. I want this to be a safe space to discuss the differences that make us all unique but never at the expense of other's, especially the marginalized.

Let's keep everything civil and I'm sure we can learn a lot from each other.

message 2: by A.D. (new)

A.D. Britten | 1 comments Hi All,

I am new to this group. I am a writer and have a book, my second, called A Soul Unbroken. If you'd be interested in learning more about it. The Amazon link is below. It's central characters are GLBT and therefore it does deal with issues related to that as well as race, a degree. I'd love to get feedback on it.

Glad to be part of the group!

https://www.amazon.com/Soul-Unbroken-...