KBR Fangirls discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Krista & Becca > Q&A with K&B

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Amy | Foxy Blogs (last edited May 09, 2014 09:22AM) (new)

Amy | Foxy Blogs | 649 comments Mod
Krista & Becca have agreed to an open Q & A thread with us.
KB will be joining us May 7 – May 10.
Get your questions answered about their books, characters or writing.
Leave your questions below.

Just a friendly reminder please use spoiler tags when asking something about the storyline which may contain a spoiler for the series. Thanks!
Find out how to create a spoiler tag click here.

FROM BECCA:
Hey everyone!! We're so excited to answer any and all questions <3 Thanks for loving the series enough to ask us things! Krista and I are going to pop in like ninjas, so it's just luck of the draw which one of us answers your question :)

FROM KRISTA:
To all you lovelies,

Thanks so much for the amazing questions so far! They have been incredibly awesome and insightful and just plain fun! We'll answer pretty much anything, so don't be shy to ask :D

xo Krista

message 2: by Kim (last edited May 06, 2014 09:27PM) (new)

Kim Bailey (kimbaileywrites) | 133 comments My question is about writing process ... Do you just bounce ideas back & forth? How does it flow with the 2 of you?
Thank you!♥

message 3: by Renee (new)

Renee Hi Girls! LOVE your series. What inspired you to write Rykes character? I fcuking love him!!;)

YAY!!! WE ARE HONORED TO HAVE THE TWINS HERE!!!

My question-
Did your mom and grandmothers read this series? What did they think?

message 5: by Renee (new)

Renee Amy (Foxy) wrote: "YAY!!! WE ARE HONORED TO HAVE THE TWINS HERE!!!

My question-
Did your mom and grandmothers read this series? What did they think?"

Good question, Foxy!!!

message 6: by Tahsin (last edited May 06, 2014 09:28PM) (new)

Tahsin | 1 comments How far in the future are you taking the story (will there be complete HEA with no room for any more story-telling)? (view spoiler)

message 7: by Renee (new)

Renee I have another question, sorry I'm just SO excited..... Did you use parts of your own real-life experiences in the story?

My next question deals with Hothouse Flower -
(view spoiler)

LOL...Renee, you and I are full of questions. :)

message 10: by Becca (new)

Becca Ritchie (beccaritchie) | 30 comments Kim B wrote: "My question is about writing process ... Do you just bounce ideas back & forth? How does it flow with the 2 of you?
Thank you!♥"

Hi Kim! We talk about plot points extensively with each other, and then usually one of us will write the first draft and skip some scenes that the other one has called dibs on. And then we start passing back and forth. We kinda think of our discussions like "writer's room" talks for television. We get so in depth! It definitely helps us flesh out the characters :)

message 11: by Becca (new)

Becca Ritchie (beccaritchie) | 30 comments Hey everyone!! We're so excited to answer any and all questions <3 Thanks for loving the series enough to ask us things! Krista and I are going to pop in like ninjas, so it's just luck of the draw which one of us answers your question :)

message 12: by Xtina (new)

Xtina Marie | 230 comments love love love the series! I'm on my second time around now, and at the beginning of HF... and I'm already dreading the end!

what inspired you to write about the disfunctional relationship of an alcoholic and a sex addict?

message 13: by Becca (new)

Becca Ritchie (beccaritchie) | 30 comments Renee wrote: "Hi Girls! LOVE your series. What inspired you to write Rykes character? I fcuking love him!!;)"

Woohoo! Team Ryke!... His character was THE HARDEST to nail down (not in a sexual way, Lily would add lol). We created him based off of Loren. So Ryke literally came about because we needed a guy resilient enough to withstand Lo's nasty insults, who would take no shit from him, and who was compassionate enough to stick around and be there for his brother, despite the past.

And that's how Ryke Meadows came to be :)

message 14: by Kim (new)

Kim Bailey (kimbaileywrites) | 133 comments Ahhhh .... Ryke♥ my fave!

message 15: by Amy | Foxy Blogs (new)

Connor is my favorite!!! ♥

message 16: by Krista (last edited May 06, 2014 09:54PM) (new)

Krista Ritchie (kristaritchie) | 20 comments Amy (Foxy) wrote: "YAY!!! WE ARE HONORED TO HAVE THE TWINS HERE!!! My question-
Did your mom and grandmothers read this series? What did they think?"

Thanks for having us here! <3 <3

Our mom isn't a big romance reader, but she's read all of our books and loved them. I assume you're asking about the sex scenes (everyone always does, lol!) and she always tells us that she tries to ignore the fact that we wrote those particular scenes.

Our grandmothers don't read much, so they haven't read our books. But our aunts and cousins have read them and really liked them.

message 17: by Xtina (new)

Xtina Marie | 230 comments *dreamy sigh

I <3 Lo

message 18: by Becca (new)

Becca Ritchie (beccaritchie) | 30 comments Tahsin wrote: "How far in the future are you taking the story (will there be complete HEA with no room for any more story-telling)? [spoilers removed]"

Hey, Tahsin! Love this question! :) (view spoiler)

message 19: by Becca (new)

Becca Ritchie (beccaritchie) | 30 comments Renee wrote: "I have another question, sorry I'm just SO excited..... Did you use parts of your own real-life experiences in the story?"

I'd say... yes to this. Probably like 15% or less, not too much is based on our real-life experiences, but we insert scenes here or there. Some of the more awkward scenes belong to me, because my life is way too awkward... like (view spoiler)

message 20: by Krista (new)

Krista Ritchie (kristaritchie) | 20 comments Amy (Foxy) wrote: "My next question deals with Hothouse Flower -

Was having the corn field scene at 69% done on purpose?
...or just random? LOL"

Lol! Love this! And that was a complete coincidence. We have such nervous jitters about all of our books (and lengths) that we're known to delete and edit things right up until the day of the release. So the percentages were constantly changing until we settled with the final draft and hit publish.

Short answer: It was fate!!!!! ;)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't have a question. I just want to say I love you guys. I think you're awesome and so very talented. Keep the amazing books coming. :D

message 22: by Amy | Foxy Blogs (new)

Q & A with K&B: PART I

Q-
My question is about writing process ... Do you just bounce ideas back & forth? How does it flow with the 2 of you?

A-
We talk about plot points extensively with each other, and then usually one of us will write the first draft and skip some scenes that the other one has called dibs on. And then we start passing back and forth. We kinda think of our discussions like "writer's room" talks for television. We get so in depth! It definitely helps us flesh out the characters :)
Q-
What inspired you to write Rykes character? I fcuking love him!!;)

A-
Woohoo! Team Ryke!... His character was THE HARDEST to nail down (not in a sexual way, Lily would add lol). We created him based off of Loren. So Ryke literally came about because we needed a guy resilient enough to withstand Lo's nasty insults, who would take no shit from him, and who was compassionate enough to stick around and be there for his brother, despite the past.

And that's how Ryke Meadows came to be :)
Q-
Did your mom and grandmothers read this series? What did they think?

A-
Our mom isn't a big romance reader, but she's read all of our books and loved them. I assume you're asking about the sex scenes (everyone always does, lol!) and she always tells us that she tries to ignore the fact that we wrote those particular scenes.

Our grandmothers don't read much, so they haven't read our books. But our aunts and cousins have read them and really liked them.
Q-
How far in the future are you taking the story (will there be complete HEA with no room for any more story-telling)? (view spoiler)
Message 6 to see spoiler

A-
Love this question! :) (view spoiler)
Message 18 to see spoiler
Q-
I have another question, sorry I'm just SO excited..... Did you use parts of your own real-life experiences in the story?

A-
I'd say... yes to this. Probably like 15% or less, not too much is based on our real-life experiences, but we insert scenes here or there. Some of the more awkward scenes belong to me, because my life is way too awkward... like (view spoiler)
Message 19 to see spoiler
Q-
My next question deals with Hothouse Flower -
(view spoiler)
Message 8 to see spoiler

A-
Lol! Love this! And that was a complete coincidence. We have such nervous jitters about all of our books (and lengths) that we're known to delete and edit things right up until the day of the release. So the percentages were constantly changing until we settled with the final draft and hit publish.

Short answer: It was fate!!!!! ;)
Here is the start of the Q and A

message 23: by Sara (new)

Sara (saranic) I adore this series and you two!
Okay, my question is how can the Calloway girls' father be so understanding and never get angry with his wife. He never seems to say anything about how she acts towards the girls. He cannot be that oblivious. For a guy who seems so loving, how does he he handle it? Will he ever stand up to her? As you can see, she is my sore spot! Lol

message 24: by FMABookReviews (new)

FMABookReviews (feedingmyaddictionbookreviews) Hello! I feel honored to have you here with us! THANK YOU!!! My question: You two have such amazing, incredible insight that comes out in your writing, where do you think that comes from? My books are no longer white, they have been highlighted so much!

message 25: by Maria (new)

Maria Sanchez | 6 comments Since Lily and Lo are so close they seem to know everything about each other. The news Lily gives Lo in the bath tub scene at the end of hot house flower must have been a shock to Lo. Will we get to see this scene in thrive or aaa from Lo's pov?

message 26: by Becca (new)

Becca Ritchie (beccaritchie) | 30 comments TORI ~Break Me~Own Me~Love Me~ wrote: "I don't have a question. I just want to say I love you guys. I think you're awesome and so very talented. Keep the amazing books coming. :D

"

Thanks so much,Tori! Love the gif! We have many more books headed your way :D

message 27: by Krista (new)

Krista Ritchie (kristaritchie) | 20 comments Sara wrote: "I adore this series and you two!
Okay, my question is how can the Calloway girls' father be so understanding and never get angry with his wife. He never seems to say anything about how she acts to..."

I think Greg truly loves his wife, so he already has a lot of trust built up. He's also a very busy man, so when it came to raising the girls, he put a lot of his faith in Samantha. I'm sure he does get upset, but he's also the type of person who would never have an argument in front of his children. He'd rather do that behind closed doors. (view spoiler)

And I'm right there with ya, Sara! She's a sore spot for us too. #EvilMamaCalloway

message 28: by Krista (new)

Krista Ritchie (kristaritchie) | 20 comments Sportsmom1 wrote: "Hello! I feel honored to have you here with us! THANK YOU!!! My question: You two have such amazing, incredible insight that comes out in your writing, where do you think that comes from? My b..."

Awww! Thank you!!! <3 <3

We just turned twenty-three in March, and I think our age has helped a lot when we write characters in their twenties. We both graduated college just last year, so that experience is fresh in our memories. And we know the kinds of struggles that our generation's twenty-somethings are going through.

I think it also helps that Becca and I have such different backgrounds. I spent four years doing genetics research and studying science, which is a complete opposite world in college compared to the English majors (one of Becca's degrees). So together we're really well-rounded and we've met vastly different kinds of people :)

message 29: by Krista (new)

Krista Ritchie (kristaritchie) | 20 comments Maria wrote: "Since Lily and Lo are so close they seem to know everything about each other. The news Lily gives Lo in the bath tub scene at the end of hot house flower must have been a shock to Lo. Will we get t..."

Yep! Lots of the game-changer moments from Kiss the Sky and Hothouse Flower will be included in Thrive in either Lily or Lo's POVs. <3

message 30: by Becca (new)

Becca Ritchie (beccaritchie) | 30 comments X-tina wrote: "love love love the series! I'm on my second time around now, and at the beginning of HF... and I'm already dreading the end!

what inspired you to write about the disfunctional relationship of an ..."

Hi Christine! Thanks for being such a fan and for chatting with me on FB :D I'm gonna put my answer in a spoiler tag since it's kinda long. There's no spoilers in here though!

(view spoiler)

message 31: by Maria (new)

Maria Sanchez | 6 comments I know this may be too taboo because they were so young but I was wondering if we will ever get to see (view spoiler)

message 32: by Maria (new)

Maria Sanchez | 6 comments How did Lo get his alcohol when he was so young? Did he pay off people to buy it or raid his Dads liquor cabinets? (view spoiler)

message 33: by Xtina (new)

Xtina Marie | 230 comments Becca wrote: "X-tina wrote: "love love love the series! I'm on my second time around now, and at the beginning of HF... and I'm already dreading the end!

what inspired you to write about the disfunctional rela..."

the fangirl in me was like "OMG! she mentioned me!" LOL

love this answer, btw...right now, with all the rage being erotica since FSoG, it was so refreshing to really sink into this series...and I've got to admit that the reason I think I'm so addicted to Lo is because my husband is a recovering alcoholic, he's been sober now for 5 years this october...but I empathize with Lily, I can remember making sure he was on his side so he didn't choke, etc...

message 34: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Oliveira I don´t really have a question just a statement or whatever :P

First of all I would like to congratulate you for your amazing talent.

Second I would like to thank you for sharing that talent with us.

You can write about any taboo or more difficult theme in a way that we all can relate, And is not just about Sexual addiction or Alcoholism, you gave us perspective about growing up in families of power and money, pressure in the world of modeling, broken homes, etc. I could carry on and on just enumerating all the (very important) social aspects that you two (brilliantly) aproach in your series! You give us stories with REAL caracters.

Congratulations and please keep amazing us :)

P.S.: sorry for my english :P

message 35: by Bella (new)

Bella | 185 comments Mod
Krista & Becca - thank you sooooo much for dropping in!!! I freaking LOVE this series and I've recommended it to every book friend I have. Love pimping you!!!

Do you both have day (or night) jobs OTHER than writing?

message 36: by Bella (last edited May 07, 2014 05:23PM) (new)

Bella | 185 comments Mod
Will the Like Us Series be the same genre?

message 37: by Bella (new)

Bella | 185 comments Mod
Has your life (the day to day) changed at all since releasing this series?

message 38: by Bella (new)

Bella | 185 comments Mod
Would you rather: Dance on the bar or sing in the car?

message 39: by FMABookReviews (new)

FMABookReviews (feedingmyaddictionbookreviews) BELLA, love these questions! ;)

message 40: by Bella (new)

Bella | 185 comments Mod
Beer or liquor?

message 41: by Becca (new)

Becca Ritchie (beccaritchie) | 30 comments Maria wrote: "I know this may be too taboo because they were so young but I was wondering if we will ever get to see [spoilers removed]"

Probably not. I wouldn't say because it's taboo, more like because it's not a very heartfelt moment. It's not a kind of "first time" together I think either of them want to remember, and we don't want to ingrain it in your minds either :) Lest you remember it every single time they have actual good sexy times :)

message 42: by Becca (new)

Becca Ritchie (beccaritchie) | 30 comments Maria wrote: "How did Lo get his alcohol when he was so young? Did he pay off people to buy it or raid his Dads liquor cabinets? [spoilers removed]"

All of he above. Jonathan never cared much. Ryke mentions in the prologue of Hothouse Flower how Jonathan pushed drinks on him at a really, really young age, not thinking much about it. Jonathan made it into a social recreation for his sons, and in Addicted to You, there's mention of their nannies also being aloof and letting them sip alcohol at a really, really young age. They didn't have many barriers or parental figures stopping them from drinking.

message 43: by Becca (new)

Becca Ritchie (beccaritchie) | 30 comments X-tina wrote: "Becca wrote: "X-tina wrote: "love love love the series! I'm on my second time around now, and at the beginning of HF... and I'm already dreading the end!

what inspired you to write about the disf..."

Thanks Christine!! I love hearing how readers can relate to some aspects of our books. That's one of the best parts of putting a book out there. I think Krista can agree :DDD Congrats on your hubby being 5 years sober!! That's an amazing feat <3

message 44: by Becca (last edited May 07, 2014 06:07PM) (new)

Becca Ritchie (beccaritchie) | 30 comments Sandra wrote: "I don´t really have a question just a statement or whatever :P

First of all I would like to congratulate you for your amazing talent.

Second I would like to thank you for sharing that talent with..."

Thank you, Sandra!! That means so much to us!!

*smiles giddily*

description

I'd probably be the frog on Krista's shoulder in this scenario lol.

P.S. your English is great!!

message 45: by Becca (last edited May 07, 2014 06:46PM) (new)

Becca Ritchie (beccaritchie) | 30 comments Bella wrote: "Krista & Becca - thank you sooooo much for dropping in!!! I freaking LOVE this series and I've recommended it to every book friend I have. Love pimping you!!!

Do you both have day (or night) jobs..."

Thanks bunches, Bella!!

When we published Addicted to You, we both were in our last semester of college (well Krista just reminded me that she had just graduated. I was in my last "semester" -- a summer class). Krista was ready to go to Med school, literally sent out her applications and all that jazz to become a doctor. But with the success of the books, she has the ability to write full-time, and she's taken the opportunity. It was a big dream of both of ours for so long. I'm so happy that we're both able to do what we love. Krista wrote a really heartfelt post about her career change right before our 23rd birthday in March. You can read that here if you'd like: http://kbritchie.com/1/post/2014/03/h...

I already had a part-time job before we published A2Y. I got an internship my junior year of college at The CW Atlanta -- the affiliate of The CW Network in Burbank, CA. They hired me after my internship, and I still work for them, writing articles on their website about all of their shows like "The Vampire Diaries" "The Tomorrow People" "The Originals" etc. It's so fun! I literally just fangirl about television. I was really lucky to get the internship and to even be hired. All of my articles are here if you're a CW fan: http://cwatlanta.cbslocal.com/persona...

I also help out at the station when they need me. I went to college for English & Television Production... I have no idea how I managed to find a job that incorporated both. Definitely a bit of luck :)

UPDATE: I reread your question, and I saw the "OTHER than writing" part... I guess my job at The CW is still writing... does it count lol?

message 46: by Becca (new)

Becca Ritchie (beccaritchie) | 30 comments Bella wrote: "Will the Like Us Series be the same genre?"

Same genre! New Adult: Contemporary Romance :D

message 47: by Xtina (new)

Xtina Marie | 230 comments what kind of books did you guys like reading when you were younger?

being twins, did you ever get into Sweet Valley High? I was such a nerd for those books :)

message 48: by Krista (new)

Krista Ritchie (kristaritchie) | 20 comments Bella wrote: "Has your life (the day to day) changed at all since releasing this series?"

Becca was actually still in college when we released Addicted to You, and I had just graduated the month before. So our day-to-day lives were changing drastically, but they would have changed regardless of the series. It's a big change to go from taking classes and having the security of college to being on your own.

Now that the books are out and we're not in college, our main focus is writing and promoting the series. We couldn't dream of a better job! It seriously feel like this is unreal at times. :)

message 49: by Krista (new)

Krista Ritchie (kristaritchie) | 20 comments Bella wrote: "Would you rather: Dance on the bar or sing in the car?"

Haha! Love this question! I am waayyyyy too shy to be dancing on a bar. I wish I had that kind of confidence! I'm known to sing in the car at the top of my lungs, despite my terrible voice.

Becca, I think, would be more apt to dance on a bar. But you'd have to shoot her up with some rum and red bulls first. She also likes to sing in the car, and she can do that without the persuasion of caffeine ;)

message 50: by Krista (new)

Krista Ritchie (kristaritchie) | 20 comments Bella wrote: "Beer or liquor?"

We both prefer beer. Too many experiences with liquor in college, lol! I'm actually not too big of a drinker though.

Oh, but if you gave Becca a choice between a beer or a mojito, that might be hard for her. She loves rum :)

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.