Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Bright Lines
This topic is about Bright Lines
Book Cover Help > I Need Wrong Cover Deleted, New One Added

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (new)

Jane (azjane) | 4 comments There are two covers showing for this book.
The one with the title "Hunger Like Love," showing a wishbone, needs to be deleted.
The one with the blue eyes is a valid cover, but it's an old one.
The present one is as shown on Amazon, but I believe I can add that myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Jane, Goodreads policy is to keep all published covers because users like to shelve the virtual edition that matches the one they physically owned. Instead, we create alternate cover editions (ACEs), and you as the author have the ability to set the new cover as the default edition. I have created an ACE for you here with the newest cover:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

To set it as the default edition, follow the instructions here:

https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane (azjane) | 4 comments Thank you, Z-Squared. I don't think the wishbone cover was ever published, though, but used as a placeholder. The one with the blue eyes was published.

I'll follow your instructions and see what I can do.

Thanks!

message 4: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Hi Jane,

At least one of the reviews on Amazon specifically references the book as "Hunger Like Love". That means it was published, in some form at least, with that cover. Therefore by GR policy, the old cover has to stay. By setting the default edition, you will ensure that the new cover (and title) is what users will see on your author page.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
Jane wrote: "I don't think the wishbone cover was ever published"

It was uploaded from Amazon 2 days after its publication date.

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane (azjane) | 4 comments I am pretty sure I put it on GR myself two days after it's publication date and added that cover, but I could be wrong. It was a placeholder cover I quickly changed.

In any case, thank for showing me how to set the primary cover. Your help is appreciated.

message 7: by Jane (new)

Jane (azjane) | 4 comments Thank you, Z-Squared. I understand the issue now.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
Jane wrote: "I am pretty sure I put it on GR myself two days after it's publication date and added that cover"

The logs for that book clearly show the cover source. It is very possible it was only listed on Amazon with that cover for 2-3 days post-publication, though.