The Crimson Campaign (Powder Mage, #2)
This topic is about The Crimson Campaign
Powder Mage > TCC: Section 4 - Chapter 23 - Chapter 28

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
Section 4

Please keep all discussion to the events and speculation from Chapter 23 - Chapter 28.

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine.

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Holy shit. How crazy was Bo ripping off Lord Vetas's arms like wings from a fly?

Adamat's son is a powder mage? I think the next time we see him, he may be a Warden. I hope I'm wrong though.

Taniel has been court martialed. He sort of brought this on himself, but at the same time the people in charge have been stupid about how they've handled him the whole time. It's going to be interesting with him in the wings now. I can't wait for Tamas to get back and hear about it.

David Sven (gorro) | 316 comments Alex wrote: "Also, I like your theory about Josep being a Warden. It'll suck, but it could work for the story. "

I like this theory as well.

David Sven (gorro) | 316 comments So far there's plenty of action across all three major story arcs. Very nice. I need to do more exercise so I can listen longer.

message 5: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

David Sven wrote: "So far there's plenty of action across all three major story arcs. Very nice. I need to do more exercise so I can listen longer."

Haha. Yeah, the best part of a good audio book is I tend to ride my bike a bit more. I did 20 miles last Saturday when I'd normally only do like 14 or so.

David Sven (gorro) | 316 comments Alex wrote: " A) audiobooks B) exercise C) I'm cheap.
"

You really wanted a threesome in this book didn't you?

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Taniel in the Wings is awesome. Do we think Ket is working with the Ames, against Adro? It's gotta be one of the general staff with the missing powder and the constant retreats.

Can't wait to see Fell's reaction to Taniel blowing off Ricard.

Have to agree that all the step lines are kicking serious ass! So glad Bo went all bad ass on Vetas and his two Privledged. The torture scene was awesome. Funny cuz on one hand I hope Vetas does die but on the other he's such an intriguing character that I'd like for him to stick around

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Stupid iphone, sorry for all the typos

message 9: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott wrote: "Do we think Ket is working with the Ames, against Adro? It's gotta be one of the general staff with the missing powder and the constant retreats. "

It's been awhile since I read this, and I'm awful with names. I don know who Ket or Ames are, but I'd agree that it would make sense it has to be one of the general staff whose betraying them due to the missing powder.

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Ket is the female general with the missing ear that led the court martial against Taniel. "Ames" was supposed to read Kez but the iphone boned me with an auto correct haha

message 11: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ah ok. I remember her and Kez makes a lot more sense. lol. I just figured Ames was like one of the Kez people or something and I wasn't remembering.

Conor | 57 comments Adamat's assault on Vetas' base and Tamas' battle were both awesome scenes. Although I was a bit frustrated by how it kept cutting between the 2 scenes at really awkward times, especially since I was so involved in what was happening. Tamas' 'flintlock fantasy' battle was really cool if somewhat short. I thought the dragoons were dealt with unrealistically easily and neatly. A force of 10,000 cavalry were completely nullified as a threat by... a hole? For reals? I really liked the other front though. It was cool that the opposition general (Beon?) at least did something right by getting through Tamas' fortifications. Bad guy generals, even those who are supposed to be really good, often wind up being completely useless. It was also interesting that some of Tamas men fled. I thought that added a sense of realism to this storyline, especially in comparison to the Chain of Dogs where soldiers were somewhat romanticised.