What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Wicked Burn
This topic is about Wicked Burn
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romance about an art curator who falls for her neighbor, a playwright, and they both have personal obstacles to overcome [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Squires | 1 comments I read this book a few years ago on my Kindle, but got it from the lending library and returned it. I'd like to read it again. It was about a woman who was an art curator whose young child was murdered in a daycare shooting. Her husband is now in a mental hospital suffering from a severe mental break as a result of the murder of their son. The female character lives across the hall from a playwright who also has problems -- having been left by his wife because he wouldn't change his art from plays to movies. Their relationship crashes when he finds out that she is married, but doesn't know that he is in a mental ward with no hope for a cure. She fights to win him back by agreeing to spend the summer teaching art in his hometown. I believe the setting for their city life is in Chicago.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Laura, are you still looking for this?

message 3: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris | 32201 comments Mod
Wicked Burn by Beth Kery seems to match your description.

Reviewers on Amazon say, "Vic and Niall are neighbors, living across the hall from each other in a high rise. Niall is a curator at an art museum. Vic is a director and playwright for a local theater. " and "Niall Chandler's four year old son was murdered before her very eyes. Soon after which her husband deserts her to wallow in his own grief. After suicidal attempts turn to homicide attempts with regards to Niall's life, her husband is admitted to a mental institution."

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Jan 13, 2019 03:58PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
No response from Laura, but I agree this sounds like the right book. The setting is Chicago. Moving to Solved.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wicked Burn (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Beth Kery (other topics)