Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived: Threads, misc. > Survey about Avon for M.A. thesis

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paulina (new)

Paulina Piskorz | 6 comments Hello everyone,
I am a student of Internatinal Marketing and I am currently working on my M.A. thesis: Branding as a source of competitive advantage in book publishing market. I would be extremly grateful if you could fill my survey about Avon and the strength of its brand. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. The link to the survey is below:
http://paulinapiskorz.polldaddy.com/s...
Thank you in advance for your help and greetings from Poland,
Paulina

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I took the survey, Paulina. Good luck to you on your thesis. ☺

message 3: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I took it!

message 4: by Kme_17 (new)

Kme_17 | 35 comments just took it : )

message 5: by Paulina (new)

Paulina Piskorz | 6 comments Thanks a lot to you all :)

message 6: by Kim (new)

Kim Bussey (KimBussey) | 37 comments I took it. Out of curiosity, does anyone buy a book based on the publisher? To me that sounds like picking a restaurant based on the construction company that built it.

message 7: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Kim wrote: "I took it. Out of curiosity, does anyone buy a book based on the publisher? To me that sounds like picking a restaurant based on the construction company that built it."

If it's an author I haven't heard of before, I'll look at the publisher and that will help make my decision.

message 8: by Paulina (new)

Paulina Piskorz | 6 comments Kim wrote: "I took it. Out of curiosity, does anyone buy a book based on the publisher? To me that sounds like picking a restaurant based on the construction company that built it."

Kim, this survey is supposed to verify whether readers pay attention to publishers in their purchase decsions. You may not be aware but when it comes to business/science books etc., the publisher is one of the most important deciding factors and indicators of quality. In my research I'm trying to check whether we could do the same for regular books, espacially as the whole traditional publishing industry has a lot of problems arising from new trends. Personally, I do pay attention to publisher but I admit it's not necesarily the most important thing - but I guess that's the case in other types of products too - you don't buy a car simply because you like the brand. The brand itself is supposed to make your choice easier - technical issues, quality, etc. are crucial but somehow a branded product has some appeal to us :)

message 9: by Becca (new)

Becca Took your survey!! Good luck with your thesis. I didn't realize I cared about a publisher but I actually do. Not necessarily because of the name, but because of the authors they carry, the style of stories they produce, and the cover art. It made me think. I own a lot of books but only three publishers dominate. It was eye opening for me. Let me know if there is anything else you need!

message 10: by Paulina (new)

Paulina Piskorz | 6 comments Thank you, Becca :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.