Who Wants To Be A Bibliophile discussion

Chat Room > Marathon!!!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cole (last edited May 05, 2014 01:32AM) (new)

Cole (spectyr333) | 107 comments Mod
I was thinking, dangerous I know but my brain noticed a problem with this book club. See we all vote for a book and then we read it, discuss it briefly in a post and then move on. This doesn't bring about deep character analysis, plotholes/inconsistancies, or conjecture. I have noticed that once we put our two cents(opinion) in then that's it. That is not what I want for this group, I want to have intelligent conversations regaling hours of reading and observation, headcanons!
So I wanted to ask for suggestions here for marathoning a series straight through. This would be at your own pace since we are still doing the monthly reading.
If you are interested or think this is a good idea please comment!

message 2: by Adam (new)

Adam (amilesb) | 18 comments I am certainly interested. Though I rarely read a series straight through I do swing back and pick up books 2+ from time to time and always love to engage in lively discussions. Series books offer more depth as far as character development (generally) and offer a sliding view on the author's thoughts/opinions over the span the books are written.

message 3: by Malaraa (new)

Malaraa | 117 comments Sure, sounds like fun.

message 4: by Bryan (new)

Bryan | 93 comments How about trying this with a series that we've already read a book from for this club? I'm thinking of the Vlad Taltos books by Steven Brust or the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. Both of these series have a decent number of books in them, but the books themselves are fairly short, making a marathon-style reading challenge a bit more achievable for those of us with a lot on the go.

message 5: by Cole (new)

Bryan wrote: "How about trying this with a series that we've already read a book from for this club? I'm thinking of the Vlad Taltos books by Steven Brust or the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. Both of these ser..."

Great idea!!!!
I vote Vlad Taltos, Temeraire, Rains Wild, or Dresden Files.

message 6: by Cole (new)

Adam wrote: "I am certainly interested. Though I rarely read a series straight through I do swing back and pick up books 2+ from time to time and always love to engage in lively discussions. Series books offe..."

I agree.

message 7: by Cole (new)

Tell you guys what I will put up a poll in couple of days.