The Almond Tree (South Asia Edition) The Almond Tree question

Why we read this book The Almond Tree
Yawar Yawar May 04, 2014 09:05AM
I would like to know the reasons for reading this book, I wish author of this book, can give best answers but I want to know from readers of this book, what they found in this book, is it important to read for everyone.

All suggestions are welcome.

Shaye (last edited Jun 13, 2014 06:56AM ) Jun 13, 2014 06:54AM   1 vote
I read the book initially because I thought it was a romance (NOT). However, it was a good historical fiction book. I was unaware of the Arab plight against the Jewish regime. I always hear on the news about fighting in Gaza but I never really knew why or cared much. This book was an eye opener. Once I fully comprehended what the Jews did, I was appalled. They were released from Hitler's genocide and then perpetuated the same crimes on the Arab people in the Arab's own homeland. This book through fiction was able to enlighten me to the Arab struggle.

Jennifer Well said.
Sep 11, 2014 07:12AM · flag

I read this book because I won it in a contest. I have to say that it moved me in ways I never expected. It was a very tragic yet insightful book. When I finished it I had to double check to make sure it wasn't a true story. I have recommended it to many people

I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway, and found it to be one of the most moving books that I've ever read. It started off horrifically and that theme continued throughout. I'd never read anything from a Palestinian point of view before, and it's a story that will stay with me always.

Asha (last edited Jun 27, 2014 02:02AM ) Jun 15, 2014 02:12AM   0 votes
I read this book and found it to be an interesting read mainly because it provides insight into the arab-jewish confict. I am not sure if it is an important read but it is a good one if you are interested in knowing more about the conflict. The only issue I had was that the writing style left a bit to be desired and the story could have been handled better.