We Love Young Adult Fiction discussion

Veronica Roth > Divergent - Movie Adaption

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eaman (new)

Eaman What did you think of the movie? Did they cast the right actors? Who was your favourite actor? Disappointed with the outcome?

My opinion is I bloody loved it! Watched it twice now, and going to watch it a third time (only cause I'm deeply in love with Theo James & Ansel Elgort). Really like Shailene Woodley and think she was perfect for the role of Triss.

message 2: by Maeve (new)

Maeve (echocinderella) yes yes yes agree completely i really lived it i have seen in four times now and i literially am quoting something from it every time i open my mouth

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 19 comments I've been with this series from the beginning and was super excited for this movie. So glad I was not disappointed! Probably the best book-to-movie I've seen. And I though THG did a great job...

I took a fellow reader to see the movie that hadn't read Divergent yet and she was instantly hooked. She read the whole trilogy in three days. She was mad about the end because I didn't warn her... oops! ;P

message 4: by Eaman (new)

Eaman Megan wrote: "I've been with this series from the beginning and was super excited for this movie. So glad I was not disappointed! Probably the best book-to-movie I've seen. And I though THG did a great job...

I..."

I have just finished the first book! On to Insurgent now! Really looking forward to reading it. Been trying to dodge any spoilers about how it ends! Hahaha, kind of difficult.

message 5: by Marli (new)

Marli | 18 comments The movie was amazing! It also made all my friends hooked after we'd seen te movie :) Read every other book in the series as well, can't wait to see those on the big screen ! :D

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 19 comments It is really hard not to spoil the last book. Very traumatic :/

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Divergent is the best. I loved it

message 8: by Eaman (new)

Eaman I agree! Loved the movie and looking forward to reading/watching the rest

message 9: by Daniek (new)

Daniek | 6 comments I absolutely loved it. And there were so many quotes literally from the book and it just made me sooo happy! Already looking forward to the other movies.

message 10: by Eaman (new)

Eaman I watched Divergent before reading the book, then decided to read the book. When I was half way though divergent, a friend wanted to go watch the movie so I went with her. I also got excited about the quotes used from the book. Now that I have finished divergent, I'm going to watch it for a third time :)

Got all my friends hooked (and my dad) haha

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I have gotten all if my friends into the books. J an in love with it especially Tobias and Uriah they're sooo cute. I just loved the whole dystopian romance idea. It was amazing

message 12: by Eaman (new)

Eaman Cant wait for Uriah to be introduced in INSURGENT! He seems awesome in the book

message 13: by Maeve (new)

Maeve (echocinderella) Yes finally I need to see hwk they cast

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

bad news you guys i saw on imdb that uriah wont be in the movie so far. i was so mad

message 15: by Eaman (new)

Eaman What? No way! He has to be!!!

message 16: by Maeve (new)

Maeve (echocinderella) When is he joining us?

message 17: by Eaman (new)

Eaman I'm sure Uriah will be in Insurgent! He plays a crucial role

≈aleх: pнoenιх oғ тнe ғlaмe≈ (loveisendless) I liked the movie. It was actually kinda accurate o.O Though I'm pretty sure Jeanine wasn't K.O in the book...

≈aleх: pнoenιх oғ тнe ғlaмe≈ (loveisendless) Besides that, very good adaption! One of the best. And THG was pretty on-point

message 20: by Eaman (new)

Eaman Yeah! Agree! I could really relate to the book when watching the movie. Plus Theo James was a PERFECT Tobias! Not forgetting how amazing Ansel Elgort (Caleb) and Shailene Woodley (Tris) were.

≈aleх: pнoenιх oғ тнe ғlaмe≈ (loveisendless) I always Tobias looked younger than Theo in the books... But I can't really complain :P

message 22: by Eaman (new)

Eaman I think they changed his age from 18 (in the book) and 24 (in movie)

≈aleх: pнoenιх oғ тнe ғlaмe≈ (loveisendless) *le gasp* I KNEW IT! :O

message 24: by Eaman (new)

Eaman Hahaha! They made a few changes. But still kept to the book! Which is awesome

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved it. Everything was perfect. And I hate I when people mix the series and add something from book three in book one and the make a movie. It infuriatig

message 26: by Maeve (new)

Maeve (echocinderella) He better be in allegiant

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Spoiler Alert !!!!!! I loved uriah. God how Am i going to watch his death

message 28: by Maeve (new)

Maeve (echocinderella) yep oh gosh