The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

The Voynich Deception (The Architect #1)
This topic is about The Voynich Deception
Author's Corner > Critically acclaimed thriller only 99p until 10/05!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Lancashire | 2 comments For 1 week only The Voynich Deception, the critically acclaimed thriller, is only 99p on Amazon UK.

"Gripping" 5 stars - Amazon reader
"Great Read" 5 stars - Amazon reader
"Couldn't put it down... a novel that deserves recognition" 5 stars - Amazon Top 100 reviewer

From the book jacket:
The Voynich Manuscript – an untranslated, medieval document in a mysterious, unique language – has baffled scholars since it was discovered a century ago. To this day, nobody knows what secrets are buried in its pages.

When a book dealer comes to him with the key to the manuscript and a promise of untold riches, mob boss Gezim Petrela is hooked. Then the dealer disappears and Petrela tracks down the team he’d chosen to demand that they finish decoding it. And he uses his own brand of persuasion to make sure they comply.

Petrela gives Ben Jarvis, a linguistics reader at a small university, two weeks to do what the world’s top cryptologists have failed to do in a hundred years. Or his girlfriend will die…

Secret codes, a turf war between rival gangs, a theft from a government building and a shadowy, offstage figure known as the Architect all collide in this thriller that will keep you guessing to the end.

message 2: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8412 comments Mod
Michael wrote: "For 1 week only The Voynich Deception, the critically acclaimed thriller, is only 99p on Amazon UK.

"Gripping" 5 stars - Amazon reader
"Great Read" 5 stars - Amazon reader
"Couldn't put it down......"

I think a read a mystery novel about the Voynich Manuscript some time back, but the name escapes me. You wouldn't by chance know it, would you Michael?

message 3: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Lancashire | 2 comments Hi Nancy,

To my knowledge there are two fairly mainstream ones (other than my own offering that is!) but there may well be more, particularly in other languages, the Voynich Manuscript itself is a fairly well known untranslated manuscript so has no doubt inspired lots of people to write over the years.

The two I know of are a recent Russell Blake called The Voynich Cypher and one called The Voynich Project: Nephilim Rising, don't know the author.

I haven't read either of them ( apart from checking out the blurbs to be sure I wasn't rewriting an existing book :) ) so I can't give you a view though the first has better reviews.

Hope that helps, if you decide to check out The Voynich Deception then I hope you enjoy it. Michael.

message 4: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8412 comments Mod
Michael wrote: "Hi Nancy,

To my knowledge there are two fairly mainstream ones (other than my own offering that is!) but there may well be more, particularly in other languages, the Voynich Manuscript itself is a..."

The one I read was pretty mainstream but wasn't Nephilim Rising. Thanks.