What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Book about two best friends who fall into a life of drugs and partying

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittney (new)

Brittney | 1 comments While I can't remember the name of the book, the author or the character names I do remember the plot. I do believe its a YA novel

The story revolves around two best friends. One is an only child who is reasonably well off and extremely beautiful (I think she had an unusual name?) and the other is a middle income girl with an older brother and a single father.

The girls are lifelong friends and is told in the POV of the middle income friend.

The middle income friends spends all her time with her friend's family and often times wishes she were apart of their family. They grow up dancing together, ruling the school, stumbling through first encounters with sex.

A scene I remember vividly is that the rich friend loses her virginity to one of the popular jock boys and he shows off the sheet with her blood on it as proof that he devirginized her. That is the catalyst to her promiscuous behaviour since he wasn't particularly good in bed.

At some point in high school, they get a job at a university coffee shop and are surrounded by artsy older students. They pull away from their high school friends in favour of this new interesting older crowd. The rich friend gets into a sexual relationship with an older art teacher and the other friend starts sleeping with his teaching assistant or student. At this point they get introduced to hard drugs.

Later in the book I remember that they are having random casual sex and are heavily into drugs when they end up contracting crabs. Instead of going to a doctor they buy a razor and in a bathroom shave off thier public hair and literally squash the bugs with the razor. (Sorry, gross I know)

(view spoiler)

That's about all I can remember about the book. I read it years ago and it's just nagging me that I can't remember what it's called. If anyone can help me solve the mystery I'd be so grateful.

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (sscarllet) | 254 comments Long shot: Go Ask Alice?

message 3: by Lissa (new)

Lissa | 8 comments Too funny. But no. ;)

message 4: by Lissa (new)

Lissa | 8 comments Oh my. I am so sorry! I responded to the wrong post.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Brittney, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Brittney, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Go Ask Alice (other topics)