MormonReads discussion

March book?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cmbohn) | 71 comments Mod
Since the month is almost over, are we ready to pick a new book to read? I'd like to read something by President Monson, but I have no preference as to which book. But I'm open to suggestions.

message 2: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kbhill) | 16 comments Mod
That sound like a good idea. I really don't have a preference.

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Burgess (danielaburgess) | 2 comments I don't want to come of sounding negitive...but does anyone else feel the same as I do about "Believing Christ" by Robinson. Just didn't like it so much.

I think its a good suggestion by Tezzimodo and I liked the concepts in the book. But was not as impressed with it as the general readers of the book. In fact I thought it was not an enjoyable read. I just don't get all the hype! :)

One book I thought was absolutely amazing, however was "Gethsemane" by Skinner. I think I read it in one or two sittings. Wow now that was an amazing book. But never here anyone talk about it.

message 4: by Cherri (new)

Cherri | 2 comments Have you ever listened to him speak on Gethsemane? It is truly inspiring. I would like to read the book for the month.

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Like I said, I'm good with anything, But have you guys read Gordon B. Hinckley's Way to Be? Its pretty good. And I think its one of the greatest parts of his legacy.

message 6: by Cindy (new)

I would really enjoy reading Way to Be.

message 7: by Katherine (new)

You know, as March is at an end, we might want to chose our book. But you know, that's just me.

message 8: by Clark (new)

Clark (q-25) | 1 comments I liked reading all three of Believing Christ, The Peace Giver, and Way to Be. Of the three, I believe The Peace Giver to be the most insightful.

But since it's now April...

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelalalalalalala) | 2 comments I just joined, so wondering... is there a book for April? ;)

message 10: by Cindy (new)

I agree - let's just pick one.

message 11: by Katherine (new)

THat sounds like a plan... as its almost May!!!!!

Pat, you're the moderator, or whatever... you cast the deciding vote! (or some one else)