YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Square Root of Summer
This topic is about The Square Root of Summer
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood - Restarting March 12th 2017

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah (bookworm_sarah) | 71748 comments Mod
This is what it means to love someone. This is what it means to grieve someone. It's a little bit like a black hole. It's a little bit like infinity.

Gottie H. Oppenheimer is losing time. Literally. When the fabric of the universe around her seaside town begins to fray, she's hurtled through wormholes to her past:

To last summer, when her grandfather Grey died. To the afternoon she fell in love with Jason, who wouldn't even hold her hand at the funeral. To the day her best friend Thomas moved away and left her behind with a scar on her hand and a black hole in her memory.

Although Grey is still gone, Jason and Thomas are back, and Gottie's past, present, and future are about to collide—and someone's heart is about to be broken.

Angie Elle (AngieElle) | 29 comments Sarah this will take me probably three days to read because I'm working also. Are we going to do a percentage with a spoiler tag for discussion?

Sure ☺

up to 18% (view spoiler)

message 5: by Angie Elle (last edited Apr 13, 2016 05:59AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie Elle (AngieElle) | 29 comments Oh, wow. You're quick. LOL I read the first chapter before work this morning. I like the writing style so far. I'll read your spoiler when I make it that far.

I'm taking a break ☺

31% (view spoiler)

Angie Elle (AngieElle) | 29 comments You're making me want to go home and read!

message 9: by T.J. (new) - added it

T.J. Burns | 2698 comments Angie Elle wrote: "Oh, wow. You're quick. LOL I read the first chapter before work this morning. I like the writing style so far. I'll read your spoiler when I make it that far."

lol! Sarah is a turbo-reader! I am constantly in awe... I was thinking of joining you both with this, but I am currently involved in 3 buddy reads and starting another tomorrow... ooops (I have some overcommitment issues... ;) ).

Happy Reading!

ha ha, I've actually been trying to go slow with this one ☺

53% (view spoiler)

57% (view spoiler)

message 13: by T.J. (new) - added it

T.J. Burns | 2698 comments Sarah wrote: "ha ha, I've actually been trying to go slow with this one ☺"

lol! I hope you'll try to go slow with our buddy reads in May as well...

description

I'm trying ☺ I'd have been finished yesterday otherwise ☺

message 15: by T.J. (new) - added it

T.J. Burns | 2698 comments Sarah wrote: "I'm trying ☺ I'd have been finished yesterday otherwise ☺"

ha ha ha! hope you're not reading ahead, then I'll have noooooo chance of keeping up... (oh, who am I kidding? I'll have no chance of keeping up with you either way!) -- Happy Reading!

description

Angie Elle (AngieElle) | 29 comments Sarah, I have not gone AWOL. I repeat - I have not gone AWOL. I had to work late yesterday because we were wrapping up March. I'm knocking off a bit early today to get some reading time in, so I'll be able to conversate!

Okay ☺

Angie Elle (AngieElle) | 29 comments Sarah wrote: "up to 18% [spoilers removed]"

20%, and I'm in total agreement. I'm going to read your other spoilers to see if that changes.

It has improved slightly, but it's still not brilliant.

Angie Elle (AngieElle) | 29 comments Yes, it's a slow, steady pace. Nothing exciting so far.

68% (view spoiler)

Angie Elle (AngieElle) | 29 comments 32% (view spoiler)

81% (view spoiler)

Angie Elle wrote: "32% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

83% (view spoiler)

84% (view spoiler)

Angie Elle (AngieElle) | 29 comments 100% (view spoiler)

Angie Elle (AngieElle) | 29 comments Sarah wrote: "84% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Angie Elle (AngieElle) | 29 comments Thanks for adjusting your reading pace to accommodate me! LOL

Angie Elle wrote: "Sarah wrote: "84% [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Angie Elle wrote: "Thanks for adjusting your reading pace to accommodate me! LOL"

Not a problem ☺

Angie Elle wrote: "100% [spoilers removed]"

Yeah, something was definitely missing.

message 33: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27884 comments Mod
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 12th of March 2017

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 34: by Haley (new) - rated it 1 star

Haley (haleymadd) | 1273 comments I'll be joining

message 35: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆ (last edited Mar 12, 2017 05:30PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 2704 comments I'm up to page 74. (25%)

(view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 2704 comments I'm up to page 142. (50%)

(view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 2704 comments I'm up to page 207. (75%)

(view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 2704 comments I'm finished.

(view spoiler)

message 39: by Haley (new) - rated it 1 star

Haley (haleymadd) | 1273 comments Sorry I was reading, but couldn't post any updates. 22% (view spoiler)

message 40: by Haley (new) - rated it 1 star

Haley (haleymadd) | 1273 comments Sorry I've been super busy lately, but 50% (view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 2704 comments It's cool. Life happens.

message 42: by Haley (new) - rated it 1 star

Haley (haleymadd) | 1273 comments 75% (view spoiler)

message 43: by Haley (new) - rated it 1 star

Haley (haleymadd) | 1273 comments finished (view spoiler)