Obsessed with True Crime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Can anyone recommend a good true crime that involves kidnapping?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Horochowski  (victoriaelaina) | 2 comments I'm interested in true crime/ crime books that involve kidnapping and entrapment. (Like the Amanda Berry case or something like that.) It can be fiction based on a true story or nonfiction, as long as it's well written, sometimes nonfiction can be a little slow. Basically something that you read and say..,"oh. My. God. That was insane." Haha thanks!
Victoria

message 2: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 3331 comments Mod
Perfect Victim: The True Story of "The Girl in the Box" by Carla Norton comes to mind. It is about Colleen Stan. She was abducted by Cameron Hooker and held captive for seven years.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Victoria
Have you read I'm No Monster: The Horrifying True Story of Josef Fritzl

Cries in the Desert

House Of Secrets

Those will give you a few more to check out !

message 4: by Judi (last edited May 03, 2014 02:21PM) (new)

Judi (dizzybluebaby) | 11 comments Victoria wrote: "I'm interested in true crime/ crime books that involve kidnapping and entrapment. (Like the Amanda Berry case or something like that.) It can be fiction based on a true story or nonfiction, as long..."

♥Beleza★✰ wrote: "Perfect Victim: The True Story of "The Girl in the Box" by Carla Norton comes to mind. It is about Colleen Stan. She was abducted by Cameron Hooker and held captive fo..."

One of the best I've read to date is "A Beautiful Child. This true crime story tells the story of a monster masquerading as a human, Warren Marshall, aka Franklin Floyd who kidnapped a child, raised her as his daughter, then passed her off as his wife and mother of his child. There's much, much more to the sad story of this beautiful, smart, sweet young woman, but doing so would divulge too much of the story-which, btw, remains unsolved to this day. Highly, highly recommend.

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Horochowski  (victoriaelaina) | 2 comments Perfect!!! Thank you guys! I added all those to my reading list.

message 6: by Francesco (last edited May 05, 2014 12:38PM) (new)

Francesco Zampa (zipporo) | 2 comments I can't tell much more: I suggest my "Doppio Omicidio" but... it's in Italian! I would be glad to give you a copy as a gift.

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris (bibliophile85) | 30 comments Bringing Adam Home The Abduction That Changed America by Les Standiford About the Adam Walsh case.

message 8: by Ree (new)

Ree (reejones) | 3 comments I recently completed Jaycee Dugards book, it was a very hard read but it was really inspirational.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Aguilar (manda_ag) | 2 comments Polly Klaas The Murder Of America's Child is a really good book about kidnapping.

message 10: by Jodie (new)

Jodie | 1 comments Finding Me by Michelle Knight

message 11: by Richard (new)

Richard Jr. | 4 comments Hauptmann's Ladder: A Step-by-step Analysis of the LindberghKidnapping

message 12: by Meg (new)

Meg Snook | 1 comments 3,096 Days - I can't spell the author's name as I believe it's Russian but it is an incredible story.

message 13: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 6 comments Actually writing one for fun

message 14: by Fishface (last edited Jan 20, 2016 06:25AM) (new)

Fishface | 11676 comments One that's hard to beat is 83 Hours Till Dawn, the memoir of a woman who was buried alive in a box after being kidnapped from her sickbed. Another I can very highly recommend is Stolen Away: The True Story of Californias Most Shocking Kidnapmurder.

message 15: by Francesco (new)

Francesco Zampa (zipporo) | 2 comments Recently I translated "Doppio Omicidio" in English, I can give you a copy as a gift. It involves (half-spoiler) a kidnapping.

message 16: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11676 comments Meghan wrote: "3,096 Days - I can't spell the author's name as I believe it's Russian but it is an incredible story."

That's Natascha Kampusch. FYI, she's Viennese.

message 17: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11676 comments Oh, and I totally forgot to mention I Choose to Live by Sabine Dardenne.

message 19: by Beth (new)

Beth Carpenter (emma2009) | 46 comments I read the Jaycee Dugard story a few years ago. Very riveting. Felt some of the details were left out,but very detailed in the telling.
Feel as if Ms Dugart left some details out because it was just too painful to relive.

message 20: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11676 comments Oh, and here's the worst one of all: Rites Of Burial. Absolutely nightmarish.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.