Obsessed with True Crime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > How long ?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

How long do you stick with a true crime book before giving up on it ,if it's not good writing or the book just isn't grabbing your attention ?

message 2: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 3348 comments Mod
At least 50 pages, usually 100. Sometimes I'll keep going if its a case I'm really interested in.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Beleza
I'm one of those that is very impatient with books. If I don't like the writing I usually chuck the book .I'm probably missing out on some good stories by doing that !

message 4: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Carr | 5 comments I am one of those that start a book ... Have to finish it. No matter how bad it is. I guess I am scared to miss something.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

If I'm not into it by the 100 page mark, I usually give up. Too many other books I'm interested in to waste time on one that bores me. That said, I completely understand those who feel the need to finish every book they start. Many of my friends are that way.

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris (bibliophile85) | 30 comments I give it about 100 pages or so as well. Its very rare that a true crime book doesn't keep my interest (when it comes to reading, I have the patience of a saint lol) but there have been a couple here and there I just had to give up on, mainly because of the author not knowing their material or just being downright incompetent and silly (Helen Morrison's "My Life Among the Serial Killers" comes to mind....what an idiotic bimbo this woman is)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.