YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Harp's Song (Harp's Song, #1)
This topic is about Harp's Song
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Harp's Song (Harp's Song #1) by Cassie Shine ---> Starting on the 17th of May, 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Harp's Song by Cassie Shine

In just a few months Harp Evans will be officially coming of age and graduating from high school. She will be free from the mother that never wanted her, the house that never felt like home, and the disappointment of the last seventeen years. What she doesn’t know is that her mother has been holding onto a secret that has the potential to derail her dreams and destroy her already faulty sense of self.

A self-proclaimed recluse, Harp spends most of her time practicing the cello, in the hopes of earning a full scholarship that will grant her freedom, but will also send her away from her best friend Connor Williams, who is becoming more than just a friend.

As revelations are made, will Harp still feel the same way about leaving everyone that cares about her behind? Or will she continue to pursue the life she’s been dreaming of, for as long as she can remember?

Join Emily and I on the 17th for this. :)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
I just got the approval email come back. I can't do the 17th, so i'll join a bit later and start on the 18th. :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I just got the approval too! Will join you guys, though I think will be a little bit late :)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments I'm running a little bit behind! Will hopefully start this Sunday!! I have a book I NEED to read by monday and I haven't started yet... Ooops.

message 5: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Emily wrote: "I'm running a little bit behind! Will hopefully start this Sunday!! I have a book I NEED to read by monday and I haven't started yet... Ooops."

That's okay. Don't worry. I'll try and start today or tomorrow, whatever is easiest. :)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments Okay well I'm starting Transformed today, should get it down by midday tomorrow! You can start if you want and I'll just comment back when I get to it :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I think I'm going to start it on Sunday too since I haven't yet finished my currently reading now.

message 8: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments My copy doesn't have any chapters so I'll have post my updates in percentages. Oh, and I have to go out soonish so I don't know how much I'll get read.

19% - (view spoiler)

message 9: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sorry, I' back and I snuck some more in between my studying.

28% - (view spoiler)

message 10: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 38% - (view spoiler)

message 11: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 42% - (view spoiler)

message 12: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 63% - (view spoiler)

Starting now. :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Rachel wrote: "My copy doesn't have any chapters so I'll have post my updates in percentages. Oh, and I have to go out soonish so I don't know how much I'll get read.

19% - The writing is really annoying. Anyone..."

(view spoiler)

Mine doesn't have chapters too. I guess the title (....days) is the beginning of each chapter.

5% - (view spoiler)

message 16: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Rachmi wrote: "Rachel wrote: "My copy doesn't have any chapters so I'll have post my updates in percentages. Oh, and I have to go out soonish so I don't know how much I'll get read.

19% - The writing is really a..."

(view spoiler)

message 17: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Abbie wrote: "5% - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Hahaha, you surely are ranting, Rachel (view spoiler)

message 19: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Rachmi wrote: "Hahaha, you surely are ranting, Rachel [spoilers removed]"

Sorry about that! I really get frustrated reading books with these settings - which I am finding out is most of YA fiction, unfortunately! (view spoiler)

message 20: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 71% - (view spoiler)

message 21: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 81% - (view spoiler)

Rachel wrote: "My copy doesn't have any chapters so I'll have post my updates in percentages. Oh, and I have to go out soonish so I don't know how much I'll get read.

19% - The writing is really annoying. Anyone..."

It can be quite jumpy too. (view spoiler)

Rachel wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Rachel wrote: "My copy doesn't have any chapters so I'll have post my updates in percentages. Oh, and I have to go out soonish so I don't know how much I'll get read.

19% - The writ..."

(view spoiler)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments Okay I'm starting now! Sorry I'm a little on the late side :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Rachel wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Hahaha, you surely are ranting, Rachel [spoilers removed]"

Sorry about that! I really get frustrated reading books with these settings - which I am finding out is most of YA fiction..."

Don't worry, Rachel. I don't mind since I feel the same :D

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments how is it so far? please don't tell me its another dud?

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Abbie wrote: "Rachel wrote: "My copy doesn't have any chapters so I'll have post my updates in percentages. Oh, and I have to go out soonish so I don't know how much I'll get read.

Agree! (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Abbie wrote: "Rachel wrote: "My copy doesn't have any chapters so I'll have post my updates in percentages. Oh, and I have to go out soonish so I don't know how much I'll get read.

Agree! (view spoiler)

Rachel wrote: "38% - [spoilers removed]"

Yep.

Emily wrote: "how is it so far? please don't tell me its another dud?"

It's alright, nothing great though.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Emily wrote: "how is it so far? please don't tell me its another dud?"

For me, there's something off in the writing. The flow doesn't smooth and rather jumpy as Abbie said. And I don't know but I just couldn't connect to Harp and Connor and am on 30% now

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments Okay thanks guys. I can cope with alright... I think!

message 33: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Abbie wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Rachel wrote: "My copy doesn't have any chapters so I'll have post my updates in percentages. Oh, and I have to go out soonish so I don't know how much I'll get read.
..."

(view spoiler)

message 34: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Emily wrote: "Okay thanks guys. I can cope with alright... I think!"

It was okay. 2 stars for me.

message 35: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 100% - (view spoiler)

Rachel wrote: "Abbie wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Rachel wrote: "My copy doesn't have any chapters so I'll have post my updates in percentages. Oh, and I have to go out soonish so I don't know how much I..."

Ah yes, we have reception before year one too.
A lot simpler than what Americans call their years!

Rachel wrote: "Emily wrote: "Okay thanks guys. I can cope with alright... I think!"

It was okay. 2 stars for me."

I'm at 38% and so far it's a 2.5 from me. I'm getting bored now though.

message 38: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Abbie wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Abbie wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Rachel wrote: "My copy doesn't have any chapters so I'll have post my updates in percentages. Oh, and I have to go out soonish so I don't ..."

I know right! Its rather complicated for such a simply thing really.

message 39: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Abbie wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Emily wrote: "Okay thanks guys. I can cope with alright... I think!"

It was okay. 2 stars for me."

I'm at 38% and so far it's a 2.5 from me. I'm getting bored now though."

It gets worse unfortunately!

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments Wishing I hadn't asked now :/

Rachel wrote: "42% - [spoilers removed]"

Yep!

50% - (view spoiler)

message 43: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Abbie wrote: "50% - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Rachel wrote: "63% - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Rachel wrote: "71% - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments So...I read it so slow, (am on 45% now) not because I don't want it to finish but because other things keep distracting me. This book couldn't make me glue to it. But I keep thinking (view spoiler).

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments Rachel wrote: "63% - [spoilers removed]"

That's what I thought (view spoiler)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments Abbie wrote: "50% - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments Rachel wrote: "100% - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments (view spoiler)

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Harp's Song (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cassie Shine (other topics)