SCUBA Divers discussion

Adventures > Diving Reads

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Grindberg | 13 comments Books divers might like

message 2: by David (new)

David Grindberg | 13 comments I've been diving since 1998 and have found books of all kinds on diving. Some are technical, some adventure, some poetic, even artistic. I so love the sport and the body of literature around it, that I've used diving as a metaphor in my new novel. Before I tell you about my book, let me ask, what is your favorite book on diving?

message 3: by David (new)

David Grindberg | 13 comments for adventure you can't beat shadow divers! it's a book that takes you into the world of East coast wreck divers. fun rrea!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 7 comments Shadow Divers was great! Besides the diving I really enjoyed the history in it.
For fun, Clive Cussler is my fav.

message 5: by David (new)

David Grindberg | 13 comments I agree! adventure, history, and lively writing...Shadow Divers just has so many hooks. I've also read Tim Ecott's neutral buoyancy. LOVE this book. I also just finished The Silent World. Originally read it as research for my book, but fell in love with the writing.

message 6: by David (new)

David Grindberg | 13 comments I will check on Clive cussler. Tnx for the tip!

message 7: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 4 comments Please check out my debut novel, EXPEDITION INDIGO. You can see a link on my profile, with the description. I am an AOW diver, with additional certifications in night, wreck, and cave diving, and I am also NITROX certified. And, I love Clive Cussler novels!
Stacy Allen
Atlanta GA

message 8: by Lloyd (new)

Lloyd Christensen | 7 comments A couple of years ago I read Deep Water Death by Glynn Marsh Alam. Lots of mystery, lots of tension, lots of diving in the springs and underground caverns of Florida. Worth reading, and I believe it was the first of a series.

Stacy, I'll order Expedition Indigo. Sounds interesting.

message 9: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 4 comments Thank you SO MUCH, Lloyd! You can go to Amazon and read reviews, or read them here. I so hope you LOVE it!
-Stacy Allen

message 10: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 4 comments Lloyd wrote: "A couple of years ago I read Deep Water Death by Glynn Marsh Alam. Lots of mystery, lots of tension, lots of diving in the springs and underground caverns of Florida. Worth reading, and I believe i..."

I got my AOW at Crystal Springs. Did my Advanced Navigational dive in Devil's Den. I got my NITROX cert in Key West. I love Florida diving.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 7 comments Devil's Den is a favorite of mine for spring diving. I can't do those stairs anymore with all of my gear on. Just as well, I enjoy ocean diving too much now. My one chance to dive Key West was cancelled due to a storm. Jupiter is where I do most of my diving.

message 12: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 4 comments I have a dear friend who lives in Jupiter. I know what you mean about open water. It's in my blood, too.
-Stacy

message 13: by David (new)

David Grindberg | 13 comments it is wonderful to see this group get active again! Stacy, I'll get your book in my cue. right now I'm working on a children's book and a second novel. still will try to read soon

message 14: by David (new)

David Grindberg | 13 comments I've not seen this book, Lloyd. will check it out. Tnx for the lead. while you're at it take a peek at my first novel. Rapture of the Deep has been out since May

message 15: by David (new)

David Grindberg | 13 comments Lloyd, is Sunrise Caye your book? are you the author?

message 16: by Lloyd (new)

Lloyd Christensen | 7 comments David: yes, Sunrise Caye is my book and came out in May 2011.

message 17: by David (new)

David Grindberg | 13 comments I'll add it to my reading cue.

message 18: by Lloyd (new)

Lloyd Christensen | 7 comments I appreciate that. It is a murder-mystery (cozy) that takes place on a small diving resort 30 miles off the coast of Belize. The main character owns two resorts on this 11-acre atoll. Lots of diving and other water sports take place. So does a murder...