Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > My profile still isn't linked to my author page...

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo Raven Hi! I joined Goodreads a few weeks ago, added my two upcoming books and asked that my profile be linked to the author page. Since then, I have sent messages several times asking for the same, but nothing has happened. Can someone please help?

message 2: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 4879 comments Hi Jo,
I don't know to whom you send this messages, but the normal procedure in order to claim your author profile is to scroll to the bottom of that page and click on "Is this you? Let us know."

It may take a few business days to process your request. You will receive email confirmation when your user account is successfully upgraded to an author account. Joining the program merges your author page with your member page. The email will also contain further instructions for managing your author profile.
You can read more about the author program here.

message 3: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Jo wrote: "Can someone please help? "

We are really sorry for the delay but unfortunately librarians have no such rights as we are volunteers and can only offer you advice.

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo Raven Hi. Thank you both for the replies. I did click on the "Is this you? Let us know." and replied it's me many times. It's been a couple of weeks already, which is why I am asking.

message 5: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Jo wrote: "Hi. Thank you both for the replies. I did click on the "Is this you? Let us know." and replied it's me many times. It's been a couple of weeks already, which is why I am asking."

I would advise you to email the support: support(at)goodreads(dot)com
Just FYI there is usually only 1 person at the office during weekends, so expect answer in the working days of next week.

message 6: by Fandury (new)

Fandury | 114 comments I think the problem could be that there are no information regarding planed publishing date or further publishing information for this books.

As there are a lot of self-publishing authors that announce books but then never publish them in any way, Goodreads seems to be reluctant to give these author accounts (as is understandable).

So perhaps that is the problem here.

message 7: by Jo (new)

Jo Raven I see!! That's interesting, many thanks!!

message 8: by Jo (new)

Jo Raven ha, only problem now is I can't change the info of the book, so I can't add the projected publication date...

message 9: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) We can if you just write it in here

message 10: by Jo (new)

Jo Raven It's May 16th, 2014

Many thanks for everything!!

message 11: by Jo (new)

Jo Raven This is the book (Asher):
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

There is one more, "Kiss me goodbye" for which I still don't have a date.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 12: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 4879 comments Ahhh... I overlooked the fact that, as Fandury said, there are no published books on the author profile and the two books themselves are missing any publishing data. That is indeed the probable reason why the claim is not accepted. See msg 4 in this thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 13: by Jo (new)

Jo Raven But if the publication date is added, does that mean my profile will be linked?

message 14: by Jo (new)

Jo Raven All fixed now. Many thanks to all of you for your great help! :)