YAholics Anonymous! discussion

Archives > May's Book of the Month - Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 3369 comments Mod
Please join us this month in reading Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo!

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

Synopsis: The Shadow Fold, a swathe of impenetrable darkness, crawling with monsters that feast on human flesh, is slowly destroying the once-great nation of Ravka.

Alina, a pale, lonely orphan, discovers a unique power that thrusts her into the lavish world of the kingdom’s magical elite—the Grisha. Could she be the key to unravelling the dark fabric of the Shadow Fold and setting Ravka free?

The Darkling, a creature of seductive charm and terrifying power, leader of the Grisha. If Alina is to fulfill her destiny, she must discover how to unlock her gift and face up to her dangerous attraction to him.

But what of Mal, Alina’s childhood best friend? As Alina contemplates her dazzling new future, why can’t she ever quite forget him?

Glorious. Epic. Irresistible. Romance.

You don't have to participate in the Group Read - it's entirely up to you, but if you read the book along with us or have already read it, we would love to hear your comments, questions, thoughts, etc. That's what makes the Group Read fun! Please keep from posting too many spoilers early in the month, though, as people might still be reading it. If you feel that you might "spoil" a part of the book by commenting, be sure to put something like "***Spoiler Alert***" or something to let others know to read at their own risk! And make sure to have fun!

message 2: by Riya (new)

Riya | 753 comments Mod
So has anyone read this book or the sequel? I'm actually about to start the sequel in the next couple weeks so I hope I like it :D Any opinions? Favorite characters? Overall opinions of the book?

message 3: by Armina (new)

Armina | 8 comments The sequels amazing It was as good as the first!

message 4: by Brittany (new)

I knooow~~~ June needs to hurry up and get here. I can't wait for Ruin and Rising! More Darkling! *Squee*

message 5: by Armina (new)

Armina | 8 comments Yeah even though the Darklings all bad he's my favorite.

message 6: by Brittany (new)

Yeeeah... =/ I'm still holding out that he'll somehow redeem himself. I don't necessarily want him and Alina to get together, but I don't want him to be the villain, either.

message 7: by Riya (new)

Riya | 753 comments Mod
I'm just starting Siege and Storm today :D

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Shadow and Bone (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Leigh Bardugo (other topics)