What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Flesh and Silver
This topic is about Flesh and Silver
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sci-fi about 'psychic' surgeon whose patients are terrified of him [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim (wisnij) | 2 comments I read this some years ago, probably late 90s or early 2000s. The main character had special hands or gloves or something that let him reach into his patients' bodies and heal them from the inside out without making incisions. But there was a mental side-effect such that if they ever met him in person afterwards, they would become terrified and panic. Over the course of the book he figures out a way to heal people without causing this side-effect. Another major character was a military-grade cyborg who'd been raised by a religious cult to believe she was a literal angel, and the protagonist helps her.

There was a term they used for him, something like "silver hands". I've been Googling around but to no avail; the only terms I can think of to search on bring up fantasy novels and stuff about faith healers. If memory serves, the cover depicted a circular device with two crossed arms on it.

message 2: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1175 comments Flesh and Silver by Stephen L. Burns. Good book.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim (wisnij) | 2 comments That's the one! Thanks a bunch.

message 4: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1175 comments You're welcome!