Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Add a title

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna Carolyn (new)

Anna Carolyn McCormally (mccormallie) | 21 comments * Title: How To Be Manly
* Author(s) name(s): Maureen O'Leary Wanket
* ISBN (or ASIN): ISBN 13: 978-0692214008, ISBN 10: 0692214003
* Publisher: Giant Squid Books (giantsquidbooks.com)
* Publication date: 9/16/2014
* Format: paperback, ebook
* Description:

When Fatty Matty Sullivan finds a self-help book by former football great Tad Manly at a yard sale, he secretly starts following the old pro’s advice to get in shape and get the girl. Summer goals: lose the milkshake weight, join the football team, and turn himself into the kind of guy super hot Cassie Bale will love.

But between taking care of his grandfather, trying to pass remedial Algebra, and getting caught up in his friend Jester’s half-baked weed-dealing schemes, Matty’s summer isn’t quite the game-changer he’d planned. When on top of it all his dad moves back in with his own plans to get rich quick, Matty suddenly has much bigger things to worry about than football and whether or not Cassie’s going to call him back. And it turns out that there might be more to being manly than he thought.

Maureen O’Leary Wanket’s debut is a sharp, comic novel about trying to do the right thing...even when you’re not sure what that is.

* Link to cover: cover reveal to come this summer

message 2: by Anna Carolyn (new)

Anna Carolyn McCormally (mccormallie) | 21 comments actually if no one has done this i will do it myself! didn't realize i could until just now.

message 3: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) I see you've added it yourself.

P.S. Sorry for the delay, GR was down for quite a long time last night.

message 4: by Anna Carolyn (new)

Anna Carolyn McCormally (mccormallie) | 21 comments Ellie [The Empress] wrote: "I see you've added it yourself.

P.S. Sorry for the delay, GR was down for quite a long time last night."

I know! We here at GSB have gone ahead and assumed it's the hype around the announcement of How to Be Manly that broke Goodreads... :-)

message 5: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Anna wrote: "We here at GSB have gone ahead and assumed it's the hype around the announcement of How to Be Manly that broke Goodreads... :-) "

If the author has a GR profile, she can claim it by following this link: https://www.goodreads.com/author/conf...

Also we can add the e-book. Do you have isbn/asin for it yet? I hope that doesn't cause a second break down!

message 6: by Anna Carolyn (new)

Anna Carolyn McCormally (mccormallie) | 21 comments Ellie [The Empress] wrote: "Anna wrote: "We here at GSB have gone ahead and assumed it's the hype around the announcement of How to Be Manly that broke Goodreads... :-) "

If the author has a GR profile, she can claim it by f..."

not yet, but I will add it when we do.

message 7: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Okay, you will need to post in this group for a librarian to combine the two editions.