What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Shock Rock, Volume I
This topic is about Shock Rock, Volume I
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Two Short Horror Stories With Aviation Themes. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phil (new)

Phil | 176 comments Do these plots sound familiar?

- A man and woman travel to a remote plateau in a western U.S. state where a rock band's plane crashed years ago...and where it's claimed that you can still hear the band playing.

- A young man's love interest moves away with her parents, but upon takeoff their plane crashes into a lake. He visits the lake on a routine basis until strange things start happening.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36969 comments Mod
Phil, are you still looking for these two stories? Were they by the same author, or in the same anthology? What year did you read them?

message 3: by Phil (new)

Phil | 176 comments Sorry! Found the first but did not locate the second. Different books and authors. The first is a story in "Shock Rock" though.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 30998 comments Mod
Phil, is the first short story in Shock Rock, Volume I or Shock Rock, Volume II?

Please create a new topic/thread for the second story because it's a different book. This avoids confusion.

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1392 comments The second one sounds a bit like You Can Go Now by Dennis Etchison (both involve plane crashes and lakes); but there are pretty big differences between them, so it's probably not that. I just thought that I would suggest it.

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1392 comments Still looking for this?

message 7: by Phil (new)

Phil | 176 comments Hmm - let me check out the Etchison story. Thank you!

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 30998 comments Mod
Marking this request as Solved for the first short story.

Please create a new thread for the second request to avoid confusion. One book request per thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.