More Than This More Than This question

Sequel?
Will M. Will May 02, 2014 04:06AM
Am I the only one who wants a sequel of this book?

We had a debate about this in book club. I thought he left it open-ended on purpose, but some people said Oh, no, he's setting it up for a sequel--which sparked a discussion about how you know a sequel is coming from the way the "first" book is written. Sometimes it's crystal clear because it ends on a really annoying cliffhanger. Sometimes it's more subtle, when certain things are resolved but there's more to know. And sometimes the book doesn't telegraph that at all, and you're left feeling devastated that the author just stopped. I'm not surprised Ness doesn't plan a sequel for this. After turning the idea inside out at least twice, where would he go with it?

I would love there to be a sequel to More Than This! Unfortunately, someone on Twitter asked Patrick Ness if there was going to be a sequel and he said no. He believed the ending got Tom "where he needed to be." :-(

Love this book. Number One in the YA category, and in my top five of all categories. (I need to start a list thing.) As for a sequel? It would be great to be with the characters again, but I am also game to read this book all over again. I've read other books by Ness that I didn't like. Sequels aren't always the way to go.

I am on the fence about this one.

It ended beautifully. I'd like to keep that.

Sabrina Jefford Yupp, it's better that way! ...more
Jan 02, 2015 11:43PM
Mariana Completely agree with both of you. That last chapter was perfection. No need for a sequel.
Jan 21, 2015 01:20PM