Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Aristotle and Dante Discover... > Aristotle and Dante- character study

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new)

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
Aristotle and Dante are quite the characters. What do you think of them? Was there one you liked more then the other? What do you think of Ari’s statement, “The problem with my life was that it was someone else’s idea”? What do you think of each boy's relationship with his family? Was one family better/worse then the other?

message 2: by Roo (new)

Roo James First and foremost I loved the characters.
Aristotle reminded me a lot of myself sad to say.Especially at 14/15 years old. Dante reminded me a lot of my first love :$ Truth be told I started to see the two of us in my minds eye toward the end of the book lol.

Aristotle is prone to sadness and sorrow. As he points out, the reason for this is always xhanging, but that's just how he generally feels. Dante on the other hand is more free spirited, more innocent and loving.

Ari and Dante are opposites in pretty much every way. Down to their family life. I don't think any family was better than the other. As Ari's mom says at one point "we do the best that we can". Ari's family in general seems to have endured more emotional heartache and appear to be less capable to handle all of their experiences than Dante's family may have.

message 3: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new)

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
I love how much you love these boys. What was so great about this book is I too saw myself in Aristotle and I am not a young girl anymore. I think we all feel the way he does at some point in our life. Who are we??? What is our purpose. I loved the families, and those reminded me of my own too.