Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new)

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
Love. I think that is one of the biggest themes throughout this book. Do you think people have to understand someone to love them?? Is this your first LGBT novel?

message 2: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new)

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
For me this was not my first LGBT novel. (view spoiler) I think that we don't have to understand someone to love them. I wish I understood the people I love in my life but can you ever really understand someone totally???

message 3: by Grace (new)

Grace (gdaminato) | 520 comments Angie wrote: "...we don't have to understand someone to love them."

Nor does love imply that a sexual relationship is mandatory. I found the events you describe in the spoiler to be forced and not really believable. Maybe I misunderstood them...

You're right, though, that love is a big theme. I believe that the book also shows that there are many ways to feel and express love for people.

This isn't the first LGBT novel I've read but it's far from the best.

message 4: by Angelicalkiwi (new)

Angelicalkiwi | 7 comments I think understanding someone to a certain extent is important for knowing what and who you are really loving. Love without understanding seems more like blind love than real love. That being said...I don't think you have to understand somebody to the deepest depths of his/her soul in order to love that person. I think an important part of love is just finding a rhythm that the two can swing to together and just be.