Shadowhunter Nerds discussion

I Am Number Four-Readalong > I Am Number Four Readalong Introduction

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hiba (new)

Hiba Azeem (hibzeem) | 16 comments Mod
Hi Guys,

I'm going to be introducing the first Shadowhunter Nerds Readalong! All the information you need for the read-A-long will be down below!

Book:I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
Synopsis:In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now. The Nine had to separate and go into hiding.

The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I AM NUMBER FOUR is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.

Schedule: May 10-13:Chapters 1-9 (up to page 96)
May 14-17:Chapters 10-17(up to page 200)
May 18-21:Chapters 18-26(up to page 325)
May 22-24:Chapters 27-34(up to END)
May 25:Likes and Dislikes/Book discussion
May 26:Movie discussion

Tips:
*Mark the end point for each discussion(With 4 bookmarks,sticky notes,etc)
*If you read ahead, write down your thoughts in some place handy like a notebook or phone, then refer to them while posting in the open discussion.(This helps so information from one discussion doesn't get blended with the amount you've read ahead)

I'm super excited to see how this goes! I've heard many great things about this book and I'm really looking forward to reading it! Comment below what you think, and what books you guys would like to see in readalongs in the future! (Each comment is an automatic entry towards winning a e-book copy of I Am Number Four:Winner to be announced with first discussion post)

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (shelly_999) | 1 comments I have watched the movie 'I am number four' it was a great film I can't wait to read the book

María Alejandra (alejacarstairs) Omg today i was thinking about how much i wanted to read this book and watch the movie, but i didn't have the time or the encouragement to do it. But with this readalong, i'm surely going to do both, of courde i'm going to have to get the book first but i'm really exited.
i think we should do a readalong on Ruby red by Kerstin gier.

message 4: by Evangelin (new)

Evangelin (evangelin1509) The book "I am number four" looks like it is a great book.My friends recommended it to me already.I am looking forward to reading it