Colleen Houck Book Club discussion

Ask Colleen

Comments Showing 1-50 of 588 (588 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Houck | 1525 comments Mod
Welcome to the group! The thought occurred to me that you all might need a place to ask me questions since the other threads are specific to other authors. Leave any comments or questions you might have that are specific to me in this thread only.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Wrona (athousandliveslived) | 1 comments So excited! Thank you so much for inviting me to this group! ^_^

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany T (missreadingaddict) | 2 comments Thanks! So, got an estimated publication for your upcoming books? And how's the movie going?

message 4: by Cassie C (new)

Cassie C | 4 comments I'm so thankful and happy to be in this group, so thank you so much for the invite! I was wondering what is your thought process when going into writing a book?

message 5: by Enna (new)

Enna | 3 comments Thank you so much for the invite! Happy to be part of this group! :)

message 6: by kw_pagemaster (new)

kw_pagemaster (kwpagemaster) I'm really excited to be part of this group! Your books are my favorite :-)

message 7: by Allyn (new)

Allyn (allycatstoo) | 1 comments Thank you for the invite :)

message 8: by Imasha (new)

Imasha Hi mrs Houck!! Thanks so much for the invite!!
My question is what religion is Ren, kishan and Kelsey?

Claire Ashleigh (hollyglitter) | 1 comments Just wanted to say thanks for inviting me, and that I love your work. Also, I was wondering about the TC movie and what's happening with that.

message 10: by Bella (new)

Bella (bellabunnell) | 2 comments Thanks for the invite, Colleen. Reading Tiger's Promise right now. YAY! Look forward to your author chats and more. xx

message 11: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 8 comments Thanks for inviting me. I love your books, they are AMAZING!! I was wondering if you could be anybody in your series, who would it be and why?

message 12: by Colleen (new)

Brittany wrote: "Thanks! So, got an estimated publication for your upcoming books? And how's the movie going?"

Tiger's Promise will be released June 1st 2014 and my next book will be the one on Egypt, not yet titled. It will release fall of 2015.

message 13: by Colleen (new)

Brittany wrote: "Thanks! So, got an estimated publication for your upcoming books? And how's the movie going?"

No news on the movie and check the thread for the another to your first question.

message 14: by Colleen (new)

Cassie C wrote: "I'm so thankful and happy to be in this group, so thank you so much for the invite! I was wondering what is your thought process when going into writing a book?"

You're welcome and it's hard to explain the thought process. I brainstorm a lot before starting a project and then just see where the characters take me.

message 15: by Colleen (new)

Imasha wrote: "Hi mrs Houck!! Thanks so much for the invite!!
My question is what religion is Ren, kishan and Kelsey?"

Kelsey was raised Christian but not really practicing. Ren and Kishan were raised with a couple of different religions since their father was Indian and their mother Tibetan. Their parents encouraged them to find their own path.

message 16: by Colleen (new)

Claire Ashleigh wrote: "Just wanted to say thanks for inviting me, and that I love your work. Also, I was wondering about the TC movie and what's happening with that."

It's still in the screenwriting phase.

message 17: by Colleen (new)

If I could be anyone I think it would be easiest to be Nilima. I think I'm most like her. Her and Jennifer anyway. Kelsey gets into too many dangerous situations for my comfort but kissing Ren and Kishan would be a nice benefit.

message 18: by Prissy (new)

Prissy | 1 comments Hey Mrs. Houck. Thank you so much for the invite!!!! I was wondering if there was a release date for Tigers Dream yet....

message 19: by Zoey (last edited May 13, 2014 08:37PM) (new)

Zoey  | 1 comments Hello Ms. Houck! I just want to say that you are my favorite author, and it is amazing to be part of this group. Do you plan on releasing any Tiger's Curse merchandise? I think it would be wonderful like stuffed white tiger with blue eyes and Kelsey's bracelet.

message 20: by Sharon711 (new)

Sharon711 turner (zoya323) | 4 comments thank you for the invite.....I love the series!!!

message 21: by Montse (new)

Montse | 6 comments Hey thanks for inviting me!! i was just wondering if you could tell us what is tiger's dream going to be about? because the 4th book looks pretty much as an ending

message 22: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 19 comments Dear Colleen

What's your favorite movie and song and color and food and holiday and weather season and tv show and book?

message 23: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 5 comments Thank you for adding me! I absolutely adore your series!

Are you able to share the main character of you Egypt series name and age? Is she from America too?

message 24: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 19 comments Hey jodi

message 25: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (forebodinq) Hi!
I can't wait to read Tiger's Promise :)
My question is: Are Yesubai and Kelsey similar in many ways? Do you think they would have been friends, if they were in the same time?

message 26: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 5 comments Hi Christine :)

message 27: by Adithi (new)

Adithi (adithir) | 1 comments Hi Mrs. Houck! I read your Tiger's Curse series and I wanted to ask you a question :)

What are you hoping to accomplish in Tiger's Dream? Will you provide us with more insight on Kishan's life and where he finds happiness? What, in your opinion, do you want to do most in this last book?

I really enjoyed your books and I am excited for the release of your next one! Thank you for writing! :)

message 28: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 19 comments How are you jodi?

message 29: by Alison (new)

Alison | 1 comments Hello Colleen,
I'm from Taiwan and I love your books. This is absolutely one of the best books I've ever read. Thanks for writing such an wonderful series. I'm really excited to know what will happen in Tiger's Dream. I know that Yesubai will be in this book, but what about Kelsey? Because they don't live at the same time, do they? Or will there be more time traveling? Also, will there be a movie basing on this series?

I'm kind of interested in writing, but sometimes I feel like all my imagination has been drained out and don't know what to write. Can you give some advices for a young writer like me?

Thanks, and I love you, Colleen!!!

message 30: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 5 comments Christine wrote: "How are you jodi?"

I'm good thanks, how are you?

message 31: by Wong (new)

Wong Yuet | 1 comments Hi , I'm yuet woon . I have instantly fall in love with this book since 13. Wow every thing's coming to the end already . Hope to get the book 5 soon. Oh , btw eager for the movie too . Hope it will be nice one . I'm quite curious bout the kid . haha .It's a fuuny thing that when I first read your book , it's in translated in Chinese .I think it's better to read it in English but since my friends who also loved ur book who don't know much about English so till now I'm still buying the chinese ones and also reading both in English and chinense .Hungry for the movie next year .
love,from yuet woon

message 32: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Hello Colleen,
What sort of titles are you thinking about regarding your new Egyptian series?

message 33: by Colleen (new)

The movie is in the works. Nothing new to report there. June 1st is the pub date of the novella Tiger's Promise. Fall 2015 is my next book, the untitled Egypt book one.

message 34: by Colleen (new)

Prissy wrote: "Hey Mrs. Houck. Thank you so much for the invite!!!! I was wondering if there was a release date for Tigers Dream yet...."

No release date yet.

message 35: by Colleen (new)

Zoey wrote: "Hello Ms. Houck! I just want to say that you are my favorite author, and it is amazing to be part of this group. Do you plan on releasing any Tiger's Curse merchandise? I think it would be wonderfu..."

That would be cool. Merch usually goes with the movie contract.

message 36: by Colleen (new)

Montse wrote: "Hey thanks for inviting me!! i was just wondering if you could tell us what is tiger's dream going to be about? because the 4th book looks pretty much as an ending"

Tiger's Dream is top secret. Not everything has been resolved yet despite appearances. ;)

message 37: by Colleen (new)

Christine wrote: "Dear Colleen

What's your favorite movie and song and color and food and holiday and weather season and tv show and book?"

Gone With The Wind, blue or red, bacon cheeseburgers, Halloween, fall, Lost, many books.

message 38: by Colleen (new)

Jodi wrote: "Thank you for adding me! I absolutely adore your series!

Are you able to share the main character of you Egypt series name and age? Is she from America too?"

She is 17 in the beginning and her name is Lilliana Young. She lives in NYC.

message 39: by Colleen (new)

Sabrina wrote: "Hi!
I can't wait to read Tiger's Promise :)
My question is: Are Yesubai and Kelsey similar in many ways? Do you think they would have been friends, if they were in the same time?"

Hard to say. I think they may be too different to get along. I think Yesubai would have been more drawn to Nilima.

message 40: by Colleen (new)

Adithi wrote: "Hi Mrs. Houck! I read your Tiger's Curse series and I wanted to ask you a question :)

What are you hoping to accomplish in Tiger's Dream? Will you provide us with more insight on Kishan's life a..."

Tiger's Dream is top secret. You'll have to wait and see.

message 41: by Colleen (new)

Emily wrote: "Hi Ms.Houck! I love the tigers saga! It brought me and my BFF Reyana together! She is married to Kishan and I am married to Ren! So I was wondering if Tigers Dream would continue Kelsey and Ren's s..."

That's awesome! Dream is a top secret project. You'll have to wait and see.

message 42: by Colleen (new)

Alison wrote: "Hello Colleen,
I'm from Taiwan and I love your books. This is absolutely one of the best books I've ever read. Thanks for writing such an wonderful series. I'm really excited to know what will happ..."

Thank you. Yesubai only makes an appearance in Tiger's Promise. Kelsey will be in Tiger's Dream. As for advice the best thing I can tell you is to read, read, read and if writing is something you want to do. Never give up on that.

message 43: by Colleen (new)

Wong wrote: "Hi , I'm yuet woon . I have instantly fall in love with this book since 13. Wow every thing's coming to the end already . Hope to get the book 5 soon. Oh , btw eager for the movie too . Hope it wil..."

Thank you!

message 44: by Colleen (new)

Nikita wrote: "Hello Colleen,
What sort of titles are you thinking about regarding your new Egyptian series?"

I've had a title in mind all along but the publisher has a different idea. We're going back and forth until we settle on something we both like.

message 45: by Aya (new)

Aya Zeabi | 1 comments Okay Mrs. Houck. I'm am soo confused. Let me start out by telling you that I cried my heart out when I finished the last book of the tigers series. I love books that make me emotional. You are a very talented writer. But I have a couple of questions:
1.) Is there going to be another book to the series. If so whats the name of it and when does it come out?
And 2.) Is there really going to be a movie for these series or is that just a rumor?

Thank you so much!!! Your one of my favorite authors! I wish you the best and thanks again!
Aya Zeabi

message 46: by Marta (new)

Marta | 1 comments Hey Mrs. Houck!
A thought occurred to me as I scrolled through this thread, when you wrote Tiger's Destiny, did you cry? I mean, to kill of your characters and seperate families(or banish them to the past), I feel like that would be like cutting of your right hand! Those characters are as real to me as my family and I feel they would be more so to you. I don't even want to know what gave you the idea to flip everything upside down like you did, but I sobbed for days! Did you cry as you wrote it? Sniffle as you handed it to your publisher and did your eyes water when you saw it on the shelves? I haven't been able to touch the fourth book, it is in a permanent time-out, seperated from the other books on my shrine.
Thanks for your time, (I know you're busy writing magic and tears and keeping us in suspense)
Marta R.

message 47: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 1 comments Hi colleen, I love your books and will have every one of them as soon as they come out. I enjoy the quotes you post on face book for the book. I was wondering if you would ever put those in as side books or will you just keep them online. I also just wanted to let you know your Egyptian book looks interesting and I can't wait for that as well.

message 48: by Julianna (new)

Julianna Okay, so I thought of another question re-reading the series! Warning, SPOILERS AHEAD for those who haven't read Tiger's Destiny! At the end of Tiger's Destiny, it's decided that Kishan will be Durga's tiger, Damon. However, as I read Tiger's Curse the other day, Damon is described as an orange and black tiger. I thought Kishan was simply just black.

message 49: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 1 comments My question is about the movies screenplay. I know it's still in the writing process but I was wondering if you have seen any of the progress or will you be overseeing any of it? I understand most authors don't get asked to participate in the movie and some probably rather it stay that way but more recently I've seen authors work with the screenplay e.g Collins, Clare, and Roth.
I would feel better knowing you will be a part of it.

message 50: by Windy (new)

Windy Teha (windyteha) | 1 comments hi colleen is there an exact date release for your Egyptian book?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12