Tudor History Lovers discussion

Group Reads > Winner Chosen - Group Read for June 2014

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1887 comments So, what book about the Tudors or Tudor England would you like to read for June?

Two nominations to a person.

I'll take nominations for a few days, and then open a poll.

message 2: by Elena (new)

Elena | 73 comments I think I'll nominate again "Sisters to the King" by Maria Perry.

message 3: by MaryKate (new)

MaryKate (marykate711) | 44 comments I nominate To Hold the Crown The Story of King Henry VII and Elizabeth of York (Queens of England Series, #11) by Jean Plaidy

I have a soft spot in my heart for Jean Plaidy :)

message 4: by Jo (last edited May 01, 2014 12:53PM) (new)

message 5: by Carolina (new)

message 7: by Gail (new)

Gail (fictionbookwurm) | 8 comments I'll nominate In a Treacherous Court by Michelle Diener and The Secret Bride by Diane Haeger

message 9: by Gail (new)

Gail (fictionbookwurm) | 8 comments I loved "To Shield the Queen"!

message 10: by MaryKate (new)

MaryKate (marykate711) | 44 comments These all look great! I won't mind reading any of them :-)

message 11: by Celestem (new)

Celestem | 2 comments I haven't read any Jean Plaidy and would be interested in something by her, but I'm game for anything.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1887 comments I'm going to nominate The Boleyn King, by Laura Andersen.

message 13: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 161 comments Susanna - Censored by GoodReads wrote: "I'm going to nominate The Boleyn King, by Laura Andersen."

That book is $1.99 on Kindle today.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Boleyn-King...

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1887 comments Wow, thanks for saying that, Misfit.

message 15: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 161 comments Susanna - Censored by GoodReads wrote: "Wow, thanks for saying that, Misfit."

You are welcome. I know this is alternative history, but would make a fun group read.

message 16: by Ariel (new)

Ariel | 19 comments Thanks for looking out Misfit! I want to nominate the autobiography of King henry viii with notes by his fool will somers

message 17: by MaryKate (new)

MaryKate (marykate711) | 44 comments Oh, great find, misfit! I've been dying to read the Boleyn King for awhile.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1887 comments Alrighty, I think we've got enough for a good poll - I'm going to go set one up.

Nominations closed.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1887 comments And the poll is open!

You can find it either on the front page of the group, or here: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1... .

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1887 comments And the winner: The Boleyn King, by Laura Andersen.

message 21: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 161 comments Susanna - Censored by GoodReads wrote: "And the winner: The Boleyn King, by Laura Andersen."

Finally.