a penchant for romance - craving romance novels discussion

TBR Challenges > May - More Than One (An author who has more than one book in your TBR pile).

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna (annadlx) | 132 comments Mod
So, which will you choose?

message 2: by Aneca (new)

Aneca | 67 comments Mod
Several I think. Louise Penny and Eloisa James for starters....

message 3: by Anna (new)

Thanks to Sonia's additions to my TBR pile I'll be reading at least one Robyn Carr.

penelopewanders | 67 comments I just picked up another Madeline Hunter... but should probably also go for a Jo Beverly - lots on my TBR but haven't read much recently. Usually once I do pick one up I enjoy it greatly.

message 5: by Aneca (new)

Aneca | 67 comments Mod
I plan too continue with Carr. It`s been a while since I read Hunter but her latest plots have failed to interest me...

penelopewanders | 67 comments Actually I felt like light contemporary after reading a rather heavy bookcrossing ring book and the Hunter...so have been reading more of the Susan Mallery Fool's Gold series. I had read the first three a while ago and then was missing the fourth until I was able to mooch it a few months ago.

penelopewanders | 67 comments Ana T. wrote: "Several I think. Louise Penny and Eloisa James for starters...."

I'm not familiar with Louise Penny, what does she write?

message 8: by Aneca (new)

Aneca | 67 comments Mod
Contemporary mysteries

message 9: by Eillin (new)

Eillin | 4 comments I'm on a dystopian stories roll. So after The Hunger Games trilogy, I'm reading the Divergent series.

At the middle of Insurgent I went to read the end of the series to know if T & T will stay together... Now I understand Oriana's comment ;-) But I'll still read the third one and the novellas.

message 10: by penelopewanders (new)

penelopewanders | 67 comments Have you read the Uglies (Pretties, etc) by Scott Westerfeld? I find that has more depth than the Hunger Games. I haven't read the Divergent series (yet?).

message 11: by Eillin (new)

Eillin | 4 comments not yet, but it's on my to buy pile.

message 12: by Anna (new)

At the middle of Insurgent I went to read the end of the series to know if T & T will stay tog..."
You did not?!?! The ending had my crying buckets!!!
Love the trilogy, maybe even better than Hunger Games.

message 13: by Anna (new)

For this challenge I picked a Nalini Singh. Wild Invitation is a collection of four short stories. It was okay, but I've had better.
In the audio format I listened to a Tom Clancy. Without remorse was great (and looooooong) entertainment. I'm looking forward to continue to listen to his series.

And I am now on a Carr which will be the last book for this challenge.

message 14: by penelopewanders (new)

penelopewanders | 67 comments Anna wrote: "At the middle of Insurgent I went to read the end of the series to know if T & T will stay tog..."
You did not?!?! The ending had my crying buckets!!!
Love the trilogy, maybe even better than Hunge..."

So I guess I'll need to read this trilogy then... I think I may have ordered it for the school library - maybe I can find it there this summer.

message 15: by Eillin (new)

Eillin | 4 comments Anna, unfortunately, yes I did... ;-) I'm not so motivated to finish reading it now. Even though, like you, I enjoy this trilogy more than The Hunger Games one. I find that V. Roth worked more on her characters psychology and Tris is less whining than Katniss.
But I'll finish Allegiant next week, on vacationj : my treat ;-)

message 16: by Anna (new)

@Sonia, you should read it. And please don't skip to the ending... ;)

message 17: by penelopewanders (new)

penelopewanders | 67 comments ok, it's on my list. Divergent is the first?

message 18: by Anna (new)

yes