Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Amy Harmon
This topic is about Amy Harmon
Questions > book listing order on author page

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (mlawlit) | 6 comments I have an author will be publishing a book on June 10. (Infinity + One) The newest book is almost at the bottom of the list on her author page. Is the default sort order for this list popularity? As more people add to TBR, read and review it, I assume that is the only way it will move up the list. And I know that it can be sorted by clicking on "Amy Harmon" and choosing "popularity, publishing date" etc.
Is this a correct assumption or is there an adjustment I can make in the listing to have it show higher in the list?

Thank you

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited May 01, 2014 08:18AM) (new)

rivka | 41062 comments Mod
The order of books on an author's profile is entirely automated and cannot be overridden manually. The automated process uses 2 main factors: whether the author is the primary author of the book or a secondary author (all their primary books sort first) and how many users have shelved the book.

So yes, the main way for books to move higher on the page is for more users to shelve it.

message 3: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (mlawlit) | 6 comments Rivka-
That is what I suspected, thank you for confirming :)