Fans of Christian Romance discussion

Group Reads > Nominate June 2014's Group Read **VOTING CLOSED!**

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane U (last edited May 09, 2014 05:42AM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) For June 2014, please nominate ANY Christian Romance book except you cannot nominate an author that we have read in the past 6 months. As of now, you cannot nominate Cynthia Keller, Francine Rivers, Judith Pella, Carla Capshaw, Melissa Tagg and Mindy Starns Clark. Also, one nomination per person per month.

Also, you cannot nominate a book that is #2 in a series unless we have already read book #1 in a prior group read.

Here is the link to prior group reads:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

We will accept nominations until May 15, 2014 for June's group read.

Here are the nominations so far:

1. Heart's Safe Passage by Laurie Alice Eakes - Natalie
2. The Red Siren by M.L. Tyndall - Diane
3. Once upon a Summer by Janette Oke - Lorie
4. Barefoot Summer by Denise Hunter - Cammie
5. The Red Siren by M.L. Tyndall - Mae

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments I will nominate Heart's Safe Passage (The Midwives, #2) by Laurie Alice Eakes by Laurie Alice Eakes.

message 3: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) I would like to nominate:

The Red Siren by M.L. Tyndall

message 6: by Mae (new)

Mae Smiles | 7 comments I second The Red Siren nomination! Love anything that Ms Tyndall pens!

message 7: by Natalie (last edited Jun 13, 2014 03:22PM) (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @Elizabeth: Is Heart of Gold by Robin Lee Hatcher a stand-alone? I know this author has a lot of Christian romance series out now even though I haven't read any of them.

message 8: by Natalie (last edited May 13, 2014 09:39AM) (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @Elizabeth: Don't worry. I just want to be more used to her writing style before I read a book that isn't part of a series.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

On 2nd thought, since the list hasn't been updated yet, I'm going to pull that nomination.

message 10: by Natalie (last edited May 14, 2014 08:46AM) (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @Elizabeth: Don't pull your choice on my account. Diane's probably just a little too busy to update at the moment. Plus, I think it's sort of confusing when there are 10+ nominations for a group read for one month.

message 11: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) Elizabeth, did you have a nomination?

Thanks Natalie for being understanding. The reason I have not been around is because I lost my job on Monday. My position was eliminated after 23 years! It's been a crazy busy week and it's only Wednesday! I am doing good and have two very strong leads. I have one offer but I am waiting for the other to give me an offer before making a decision. I really want the other job!!

message 12: by Natalie (last edited May 15, 2014 03:28PM) (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @Diane U: Sorry about your job loss. I will keep you in my prayers. Thanks for the update, though.

message 13: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @Diane U: It sounds like Elizabeth is pulling her nomination for Heart of Gold by Robin Lee Hatcher . Hope this helps.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Diane, I did have a nomination & I changed my mind. It was not because you hadn't updated the list yet. I totally understand that you get to that when you are able. I just had a change of heart about nominating this book.

message 15: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) For June, we will be reading:

Heart's Safe Passage by Laurie Alice Eakes

Thanks Natalie for the nomination!

message 16: by Natalie (last edited Jun 02, 2014 12:43PM) (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments It just made sense because it's been at least two years since you Lady in the Mist (The Midwives, #1) by Laurie Alice Eakes

message 17: by Natalie (last edited Jun 02, 2014 12:44PM) (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @Diane U: I am so glad that the system chose my picks twice in a row in this group. (:

message 18: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @ Diane U: Just a friendly reminder to post the thread for this month's book discussion and next month's nominations when you get the chance.

message 19: by Diane U (last edited Jun 02, 2014 01:04PM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) Honestly Natalie, would you like to take control of the group reads going forward????

I have found a new job, it has been 3 weeks, and I really don't have time to do this.

I started the book discussion for June bu feel free to start the nominations for July!!!

message 20: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @Diane U: Yes! Can I do away with the use of Random.org and just pick the group reads for now on, though?

message 21: by Diane U (last edited Jun 03, 2014 07:20AM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) I wouldn't do that. The whole point in using it is to be totally random with no bias. Here's the link to the website:

www.random.org

All you do is change the number range from 1 to 100 to 1 to ??? (however many nominations you have). It's super easy!

Thanks!

message 22: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @Diane Thanks.

message 23: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @Diane: I am on Random.org now. Where do I click to set up the picking? I don't want to do it wrong since it;s my first time.

message 24: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) @Natalie, in the upper right hand corner, you will see a box labeled: True Random Number Generator. The Min will always be 1 and the Max will be the total number of nominations this month. Then hit the generate button and your results will vbe displayed below the generate button. Super easy, I promise!

message 25: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @Diane: Thanks. Cannot find it, though. Do you have to be a member before you can use it?

message 26: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) No you don't have to be a member to use it. Here is the website:

www.random.org

message 27: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @can you please do the Random.org angle until I figure it out?

message 28: by Natalie (last edited Jun 13, 2014 05:15AM) (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @Diane U: Can you please do the Random.org angle until I figure it out?

message 29: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) Yes I can do it for you!

message 30: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @Diane U; Thanks. I am already a moderator in Clean Fiction, which you might want to join when you settle into your job.

message 31: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @Diane U: Can you still close the thread and announce the "winner each month even though I'm the one who's taking over?

message 32: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) I can do that after I pick. Would you like me to make you a moderator here?

message 33: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 136 comments @Diane: Can you please just do me as one where I only fill in if one of you isn't available?