Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives 2014 > Discussion for Mythos Academy

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4045 comments The Mythos Academy young adult urban fantasy series focuses on Gwen Frost, a 17-year-old Gypsy girl who has the gift of psychometry, or the ability to know an object’s history just by touching it. After a serious freak-out with her magic, Gwen is shipped off to Mythos Academy, a school for the descendants of ancient warriors like Spartans, Valkyries, Amazons, and more.

Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) by Jennifer Estep Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2) by Jennifer Estep Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3) by Jennifer Estep Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4) by Jennifer Estep Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5) by Jennifer Estep Killer Frost (Mythos Academy, #6) by Jennifer Estep

Which one will you read or have you read?
(Please use spoiler tags Thankx)

message 2: by Nephilim (new)

Nephilim | 19 comments I have read most of this series and it is good. Gwen is a well developed character. It is also cool how they work in deferent types of warriors over the years into the book.

message 3: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 1117 comments I have read the first book and liked it. I plan to read the rest of the series.

message 4: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4431 comments There is also Spartan Frost (Mythos Academy, #4.5) by Jennifer Estep book #4.5 told from Logan's POV.

message 5: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4431 comments I've read them all and loved the series. I'm not a big YA reader but somehow this series just got under my skin. All the different and unusual warriors and different mythologies just worked.

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara | 860 comments I'm halfway through the series. I'm a huge mythology nut is going to something I check out. It amuses me that between this series, the Iron Druid series by Kevin Hearne, and the Witches of East End series by Melissa de Cruz, Loki is the big bad guy of urban fantasy. That doesn't even factor in Loki from the Thor/Avengers movies and Marvel Comics. There were other evil gods in mythology!

message 7: by rachel (new)

rachel (rrr98) | 82 comments Sara wrote: "I'm halfway through the series. I'm a huge mythology nut is going to something I check out. It amuses me that between this series, the Iron Druid series by Kevin Hearne, and the Witches of East E..."

i feel like its because he is he god of mischief its just easier and he has a track record of doing things

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara | 860 comments True and Loki is fun but it would be nice if they varied the bad guy a bit.

message 9: by Mike (new)

Mike | 353 comments Loki is a good guy in Rob Thomas Trickster series.

message 10: by Sara (new)

Sara | 860 comments That would be a different take on Loki. He has brief moments of being a good guy in Marvel Comics but otherwise he's always the bad guy. I need to read the Trickster series - I love Rob Thurman's Leandros brothers so I'm sure I'll enjoy this series too.

message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina Bartz | 554 comments I have all of the Mythos Academy books on my Nook because I bought them for my 11 year old grandson. He has read them all but I haven't started them yet.

message 12: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4431 comments I hope you enjoy them when you get to them Tina :)

message 13: by Tina (new)

Tina Bartz | 554 comments Thank you Sandra!

message 14: by LastBreath (new)

LastBreath (last_breath) | 239 comments Started Touch of Frost a couple of hours ago. It's a pretty good book

message 15: by Mike (new)

Mike | 353 comments I bought the first five when the were on sale recently. Now I just need to start.

message 16: by Tina (new)

Tina Bartz | 554 comments I read Touch of Frost today and I enjoyed it. I am trying to complete the Hello/Goodbye challenge so the other Mythos Academy books will have to wait since they don't fit into the challenge. I do plan to finish the series in a few days.

message 17: by LastBreath (last edited May 31, 2014 06:13PM) (new)

LastBreath (last_breath) | 239 comments I bought the Mythos Academy Series on Kindle (14.99NZD) and got First Frost, Touch of Frost, Kiss of Frost and Dark Frost. Luckily I'm on the last one (Kiss of Frost is a great read btw), which I can use for the latest Hello/Goodbye series.

message 18: by Tina (new)

Tina Bartz | 554 comments Tina wrote: "I have all of the Mythos Academy books on my Nook because I bought them for my 11 year old grandson. He has read them all but I haven't started them yet."

I started this series last month with Touch of Frost ( Mythos Academy Bundle: First Frost, Touch of Frost, Kiss of Frost & Dark Frost). This month, I read the rest of the bundle, Crimson Frost, Spartan Frost andMidnight Frost. I finished reading Killer Frost tonight (06/19/14). I really enjoyed this series.

message 19: by Tina (new)

Tina Bartz | 554 comments Tina wrote: "I read Touch of Frost today and I enjoyed it. I am trying to complete the Hello/Goodbye challenge so the other Mythos Academy books will have to wait since they don't fit into the challenge. I do p..."

Finished! I was able to use most of remaining books for the June Hello/Goodbye challenge and Killer Frost and the others in Serious Series Readers Challenge!

message 20: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) I've read the first book and liked it. I just haven't gotten to the rest yet.