Writer's Advice and Feedback Group discussion

Work with a writing buddy > Find a writing buddy here!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alice (new)

Alice (alice20) Do you want a partner to help motivate you and keep you writing? Well then, here's where you can find a writing buddy to be your support! Together, you and your buddy can create creative writing stories, encourage each other, and motivate each other in your own private topic.

Here's what to do:
1) Post a request for a buddy in this topic
2) When you acquire a partner, go make your own topic in this folder.
3) Title your topic with your name and your partner's name

Our group member Iesha has also suggested a Buddy-Writing Challenge! Create a story together with your partner in your topic and set a minimum word count for each of your posts.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask!

message 3: by Lina (new)

Lina | 1 comments I'm also interested. o:

message 4: by Lura (new)

Lura (luraj2612) | 113 comments I'm definitely interested. Hey, Iesha, wanna be buddies? ^_-

message 6: by Lura (new)

Lura (luraj2612) | 113 comments Iesha (In east shade house at...) wrote: "Sure Lura:D"

Yay! ^_^

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 150 comments Lina wrote: "I'm also interested. o:"

You want me to be your buddy?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm looking for one. :)

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie Spina (katiespina) | 7 comments I'm looking for a writing partner. Raevyn, interested?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Katie wrote: "I'm looking for a writing partner. Raevyn, interested?"

Yes. :D

message 11: by Lura (new)

Lura (luraj2612) | 113 comments Addy wrote: "I know this topic is a bit old, but I'm also interested :)"

If no one else is interested, I'm up for a second writing buddy. ^_^

message 12: by Oliver (new)

Oliver | 17 comments Hi Lura, Addy, how about a three way writing buddy? We get to review the other two's books.

message 13: by Lura (new)

Lura (luraj2612) | 113 comments Addy wrote: "Can we be writing buddies? That would be really nice :)"

Sure. ^_^

Oliver wrote: "Hi Lura, Addy, how about a three way writing buddy? We get to review the other two's books."

I don't know about Addy, but I don't have a book done. This is more for encouraging each other to write every day (or as Iesha and I are doing, writing a story together). Also, to challenge ourselves (and each other) to write more.

message 14: by Oliver (new)

Oliver | 17 comments I do have a book done, but it's still in the editing phase, it could use a lot of help and opinions,

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 150 comments @Oliver, sure the thing is that I prefer leaning toward the challenge aspect of this challenge. The word count limit will be around 800. We don't plan nothing, just write the next part to the story. Are you up for this? Also, I may not be able to write my part just yet. My computer is being an jerk.

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 150 comments Also, the word count increase by a word or group per every post.

message 17: by Oliver (last edited Jul 10, 2014 06:21PM) (new)

Oliver | 17 comments @Iesha: Okay, so how do I send the 800 words to you? Also, please accept my friend request Iesha, thanks

message 18: by Lura (new)

Lura (luraj2612) | 113 comments Oliver wrote: "I do have a book done, but it's still in the editing phase, it could use a lot of help and opinions,"

I think you're looking for a beta reader. This group doesn't have a section for that, but you can ask for one in the suggestions topic. ^_^

message 19: by Lura (new)

Lura (luraj2612) | 113 comments Oliver wrote: "@Iesha: Okay, so how do I send the 800 words to you? Also, please accept my friend request Iesha, thanks"

Make a topic in this folder. ^_-

message 20: by Lura (new)

Lura (luraj2612) | 113 comments Addy wrote: "Can we be writing buddies? That would be really nice :)"

I made our topic: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 21: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Thomas (judasdthomas) | 7 comments @Iesha and @Addy:

Have an idea, what about writing 800 word chapter summaries first? Then taking turns, it won't proceed further unless the one who has the turn finishes her 800 words. Maybe, we can do this once a week? Or once every two weeks? In 2 months, we'll have 24 chapters--enough for a short book.

I would be up for this to co-author a short book, just for fun,

By the way, this is the book I wrote under my pen name J.D. Thomas, it took 6 months to write, I can send you free copies if you like--just send me message

The Lost Book of Chaos How to Divide the World (The Secret Wars of Angels 1) by J.D. Thomas
The Lost Book of Chaos: How to Divide the World

message 22: by Iesha (In east shade house at...) (last edited Jul 10, 2014 06:55PM) (new)

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 150 comments I saw your book actually. The thing is I already have enough digit copies of book still left to read on my computer and I haven't started them yet due to issues. If you were giving away hard copies, I would say it would be easier on me, but that's not the case. For the writing, let's me make a thread and we shall discuss it there, Agreed?

message 23: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Thomas (judasdthomas) | 7 comments @Iesha, agreed

message 24: by hIpnoticraQs (new)

hIpnoticraQs (raqnbelly) Anyone still interested?

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 150 comments I would Hipnoticrsqs

message 26: by Lady (new)

Lady (ladyfickle) | 1 comments Would love to find a writing buddy, exhilarating like morning coffee, experienced, dedicated...

message 27: by Sheena (new)

Sheena Hi there,

I'm a beginner writer in the romance genre (Fantasy & Paranormal) and looking for a writing buddy in the same vein if possible.

Looking for someone who can withstand my eccentric habits and is willing to be a bouncing board for my plot points. TIA

message 28: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Reynolds | 7 comments Hi! I'm a sort of beginner' and am about to try my hand at writing a novel in the suspense genre, something I have never done before.
If anyone is interested, I'd like to find a buddy with some experience in this area who wouldn't mind me asking questions or bouncing ideas off of them! Of course, I would be happy to do the same :) Thanks!