The Catcher in the Rye The Catcher in the Rye question

why?
Toz Toz Mar 07, 2016 08:16AM
I don't understand at all why the book ended with Holden presumably going to get help for the issues he had yeah i guess that the whole book was a mix-up of thoughts Holden had whilst exploring NY but I dont see how it ened up to that and there are too many questions not fully explained like what was wrong with Holden?
what did his rents say?
did he find a new skl?
heeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllp

Tori wrote: "I don't understand at all why the book ended with Holden presumably going to get help for the issues he had yeah i guess that the whole book was a mix-up of thoughts Holden had whilst exploring NY ..."

It's about the struggles of becoming an adult and the challenges of making decisions for yourself, without parents, and coming to grips with the grim realities of life, like the death of a beloved brother, Allie, and of a classmate, James Castle.

Life is full of questions that have no clear answer, but we have to get through it somehow. And sometimes, if we're dealing with too much, we may need a little professional help.

Toz Ahhh thank you a lot for this terminology it has really smoothed out this books "reason" ...more
Mar 08, 2016 11:31AM · flag