2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Why Mermaids Sing (Sebastian St. Cyr, #3)
This topic is about Why Mermaids Sing
Why Mermaids Sing > Question U

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Any other thoughts/observations? Your overall summary of the story?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Thanks for the questions and format again, Jonetta.

I liked this story's in-depth examination of the segment of humanity that was under Sebastian's view. Except for his blindness with respect to Kat, he's really tuned in to detective work.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Very thought provoking questions. Thanks Jonetta.

You're both welcome! I hate to have so many but this book had lots of themes and issues to ponder.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Great questions, Jonetta.

I had actually forgotten how much page time Kat had in this book. I've done three previous rereads of the series (this will be my fourth) but I always start with book four. This is the first time I've gone back and reread the first three books since my initial reading of them 3-4 years ago.

I finished reading book 11, the latest release, just days ago and it's quite interesting to compare Sebastian's headspace in that book to this one. No spoilers of course but there is a passage in the newest book that quite nicely bookends this one from Why Mermaids Sing:

"...Sebastian suddenly found himself with nothing to distract him from the brutal reality of a future without Kat as his love, without Kat in his life. He felt a hideous emptiness yawn deep within his being, and for one blinding moment, the agony was so raw that it took his breath."

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Thanks for the thought provoking questions Jonetta. Sorry I am so late to the party!

Thanks Veronica and Tracey (somehow missed your post, Veronica).

And, it's never considered late to ever join this party. All opinions and perspectives welcomed.

Veronica wrote: "Great questions, Jonetta.

I had actually forgotten how much page time Kat had in this book. I've done three previous rereads of the series (this will be my fourth) but I always start with book fou..."

*Groan* Please let him let her go.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: "*Groan* Please let him let her go.."

I had that same groan after this book.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Jonetta wrote: "*Groan* Please let him let her go."

Perhaps bookend was not the best word choice. Counterpoint or contrasting point might have been better.

You're welcome! I couldn't be happier with the series.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 213 comments I love this book and the series. It is so interesting on so many levels. The characters are captivating to say the least. I'm getting very attached to Tom. He is becoming a surrogate son to Sebastian. He add another level to the story. I can't wait to get to the next book, unfortunately I have to read a couple others first.

After reading Veronica's response, I'm sad that Sebastian is still pining for Kat eight books from now. This is going to break my heart.

Keep reading....it just gets even better!

Oh, and it’s clear you’re hooked, Sharon😏