2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Why Mermaids Sing (Sebastian St. Cyr, #3)
This topic is about Why Mermaids Sing
Why Mermaids Sing > Question C

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
When did you begin to suspect the murders were connected to the fathers of the young men?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Early on in the story, I'm not sure exactly, but the idea of the fathers having been to India was what sparked my underlying suspicions.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I agree with Charlene. It was pretty early on that the connection between the fathers started becoming apparent.

Same for me, Charlene. The fathers' reluctance to open up to Sebastian, along with Stanton's outright hostility, put this idea on my radar.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments It was when the India connection was revealed though I couldn't imagine why in the world parents wouldn't be more cooperative in the investigation.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
I think it was with the second murder when the fathers were not really interested in having their sons' murder discovered. It seemed a bit odd the lengths they would go to in order to stop Sebastian.

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments See it took me a while to pick up on the murders being connected to the fathers of the men. This book had me wondering the whole time which is what I enjoyed about it!

Tracey, even though I made the connection early, I kept second guessing myself and fell trap to a couple of red herrings. Brilliant writing.

Yeah, you and I both went down that same dead end road:)

Mary Beth  | 193 comments I think I noticed it towards the middle. It took me awhile to find out why the deaths were happening and was surprised when I found out. I really enjoyed the suspense.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 213 comments I thought it was the fathers early on then I wondered if it was something else altogether. I kept going back to the fathers because they were trying to pull Sebastian off the case. That didn't make sense to me at all. Who wouldn't want the murder of their son found; especially since the boys are so important to them.

Great writing.