Pick-a-Shelf discussion

Bookopoly (2015 - 2016) > The Grapes of Wrath ~book request

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 8678 comments Mod
Post your request and while you wait, have a glass on me ;)

description

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan | 3451 comments Mod
Hi, Tien. I guess I'm your first guest here. Could you pick 3 books for me, please?

message 3: by Tien (new)

Yay! Welcome, Susan!

I've picked:
Six Impossible Things because I just loved Cloudwish which I believe I may have recommended to you? In any case, Fiona Wood is just so lovely ;)
Crossed (Matched #2) -I just finished this yesterday & to purchase this property :p
Baba Yaga Laid an Egg -everything about this book called to me (title, author's name, cover, description...) -I've even added it to my tbr lol

I wish you good reading! I think that last book will suit a glass of red ;)

message 4: by Susan (last edited Mar 08, 2016 05:36AM) (new)

Oo, nice choices. I've requested both Crossed and Baba Yaga Laid an Egg from the library, and will decide when I get one or both. I know I'll enjoy continuing the Matched series, and I'm very curious about Baba Yaga: I think I added it based on a Tiptree Award list.

Thanks!

message 5: by Susan (new)

I tried to like Baba Yaga Laid an Egg, really I did. I actually read through page 100 before I simply gave up on it. If you do decide to read it, I'll be interested in comparing notes.

I ended up reading Crossed instead.

message 6: by Tien (new)

Susan wrote: "I tried to like Baba Yaga Laid an Egg, really I did. I actually read through page 100 before I simply gave up on it. If you do decide to read it, I'll be interested in comparing note..."

oh, no... what is it that you didn't like?

message 7: by Susan (new)

Well, I'm having trouble putting it in words. I'll let you know once I've figured out how to write my review.

message 8: by Susan (new)

I finally finished my review, Tien. I see you and Bea have both marked it to read. I'll be interested to hear whether you like it better than I did.

My review here .

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy | 2144 comments Hi Tien. I just landed on your square and would appreciate three selections from my bookopoly shelf. Thanks!

message 10: by Tien (new)

Welcome, Amy... here are my picks for you:

My Brilliant Friend #ferrantefever (so much noice out there about her!) -let me know if you love it ;)
Shadow Study - a FAVE author & she's coming to Australia soon, I'm meeting her in 10 days #countdown SO EXCITED!
UnDivided -highest avg. rating on your shelf

Enjoy!

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy | 2144 comments Tien wrote: "Welcome, Amy... here are my picks for you:

My Brilliant Friend #ferrantefever (so much noice out there about her!) -let me know if you love it ;)
Shadow Study - a F..."

I think I'll go with UnDivided to finish the series. Thanks for the quick reply!

message 12: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 1606 comments Hi Tien, it looks like I'm your first guest for quite a while.

Could you pick me three books from my bookopoly shelf please?

message 13: by Tien (new)

yay! a guest!! I've been feeling a little bit neglected & sad :(

here's your pick:

Machine Man
The Merry-Go-Round in the Sea
Roseanna (Martin Beck Police Mystery #1)

also, have to abandon my bookopoly book (which I was going to finish tomorrow in time) for a library book that's due Thurs which I'm not going to finish if I don't devote ALL my reading time for it... so, if you finish first, you can claim this property :)

message 14: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 1606 comments This is going to be hard to choose. I have a good reason for wanting to read all of them. I don't think I'll be finishing quickly whichever I go for as I have a number of long books I'm currently working on.

message 15: by Tien (new)

Coralie wrote: "This is going to be hard to choose. I have a good reason for wanting to read all of them. I don't think I'll be finishing quickly whichever I go for as I have a number of long books I'm currently w..."

lol I can't really help you much as I think I'd want to read all 3 about the same though I've read Stow's so I'd probably lean towards Barry's next as I'm familiar with him :)

message 16: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 1606 comments I'm going with Machine Man which I am reading for your SRC task. I just got it out of the library and enjoyed the first paragraph. I didn't realise he was a local author.

It is just as well I'm not planning to buy your property as all the books are just too short to qualify.

message 17: by Tien (new)

oh, oops, I didn't even look at the page numbers! Just what appeals really. Yes, Barry is Aussie & pretty funny :)

message 18: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4659 comments Mod
Hello, Tien. I am visiting your winery and would like three books to consider. My Bookopoly Shelf

message 19: by Tien (new)

wow... months without visitors and then 2 within a week!

Welcome, Bea & here are my picks for you:

The Saga of Billy the Kid -because I've just finished a bio on Ned Kelly (Aussie legendary bushranger -an outlaw like Billy the Kid)
St. Peter's Fair (Chronicles of Brother Cadfael #4) -RwS task? I've still got to do this task too :)
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer -creepy!

message 20: by Bea (last edited Aug 11, 2016 09:30PM) (new)

Bea | 4659 comments Mod
Tien wrote: "Welcome, Bea & here are my picks for you:

The Saga of Billy the Kid -because I've just finished a bio on Ned Kelly (Aussie legendary bushranger -an outlaw like Billy the Kid)
St. Peter's Fair -RwS task? I've still got to do this task too :)
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer -creepy! "

Tien, I have chosen The Saga of Billy the Kid, since I own it and have it readily at hand.