What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Book about identical twin sisters - one good, one evil [s]

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by There (new)

There | 121 comments Book about identical twin sisters- one good , one evil

This is most likely a harlequin romance I read about 10 years back.the good twin has a baby n told by evil one that baby died and is given up for adoption. The hero n his wife adopt the baby n the wife dies . The evil twin finds out who adopted the baby n threatens hero to marry her or she will take the child( telling him she is mother of the child). He agrees to marriage n good twin comes for wedding n hero falls in love with her. She later finds out the child is hers and didn't die.
There is a scene where H,h n child go to a carnival.
One scene where h is pretending to be evil twin n kisses the hero. He knows she is not his fiancé as theirs isn't a relationship where they kiss each other.

message 2: by There (new)

There | 121 comments Bump

message 3: by There (new)

message 5: by There (new)

There | 121 comments No, these are not the books. Few more details from book-

The hero lives in a huge home by a cliff.
The evil twin dies in the end.
The child is a girl of about 5 years.
The hero had adopted the child illegally, so he believes evil twin when she says she will take back the child if he doesn't marry her.

message 6: by There (new)

message 7: by There (new)

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 325 comments I read this book but I can't find it, either! It was definitely a harlequin. The evil twin dies by falling off the cliff, right? And I think I remember the evil twin pushing the good one down a flight of stairs? I'll keep looking.

message 9: by There (new)

There | 121 comments Brittany wrote: "I read this book but I can't find it, either! It was definitely a harlequin. The evil twin dies by falling off the cliff, right? And I think I remember the evil twin pushing the good one down a fli..."
Yes, she dies that way , I don't remember the other part you mentioned. Thank you.

message 10: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 54 comments Can you remeber any names? The twins' names perhaps?

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 54 comments Here is apparently somebody looking for the same book and thinks it's a Harlequin Super Romance. http://forums.abebooks.com/discussion...
Have a look at that perhaps you'll find something. https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/...

message 12: by Kris (last edited Jul 15, 2016 02:06PM) (new)

Kris | 32062 comments Mod
That looks like a good reference, Melanie.

There, is the "good twin" married when she becomes pregnant (similar to the request on AbeBooks, I think)? What happens to the biological father of the baby?

message 13: by There (new)

There | 121 comments Thanks Melanie,
Yes, looks like it's the same book.l'll go through the books on the list you suggested.

Kris,
I am not 100% sure if I remember this correctly, but the good twin and biological father were not married, but were in love. The father dies before baby is born and evil twin has something to do with it.

Also, later in story when the good twin meets the child, there is a scene where she brushes the girls hair and tell her to brush 100 times every night to make them nice.

message 14: by There (new)

There | 121 comments And no, unfortunately I don't remember any of the characters name. Thank you for your help.

message 15: by Brittany (last edited Jul 19, 2016 12:39PM) (new)

Brittany | 325 comments I'm not positive but I keep coming back to Brittany Young Mistaken Bride
If this is it, I can't believe I couldn't remember the authors name.

Edit:
just read the prologue and first chapter...I'm 99.9% sure this is it! :)

message 16: by Kris (last edited Aug 08, 2017 02:32PM) (new)

Kris | 32062 comments Mod
Mistaken Bride by Brittany Young - suggested by Brittany.

Here are some previews:
https://books.google.com/books?id=va5...
https://www.amazon.com/Mistaken-Bride...

In this book, the hero adopted Willa when she was a week old. The book described on the Abebooks forum (message 11) mentions the girl's name is Wilma.

message 17: by There (new)

There | 121 comments Yep, mistaken bride it is:)
Thank you guys,you are the best.